Spin-Off 1989-1990 Collection on CD
Spin-Off 1989-1990 Collection
Enjoy all ten issues of Spin-Off magazine exactly as they were originally printed in 1989 and 1990.
Here’s a look at the spinning tips, tricks, stories, and more you will find in these issues:
Spring 1989: Learn how to be both efficient and resourceful with this issue of Spin-Off. Plus, weave a simple fleece floor rug before the sheep grow a new coat and discover the advantages and disadvantages of knitting machines.
Summer 1989: Full of experiments, this issue of Spin-Off plays with cashmere and cashgora, explores the benefits behind a good fleece, and studies the purpose of boiling wool. Projects include a woven rainbow wall hanging, silk kimono, and camel down vest.
Fall 1989: Create several woven scarfs and top off the comfy look with fisherman’s knitted mittens and two silk bags in this issue of Spin-Off. Plus, study the processes of medieval dying, and fine wool washing then try them out yourself!
Winter 1989: Discover cultural spinning traditions with this issue of Spin-Off with spinning history in the Shetland Islands, distinctive knitting types practiced in Bavaria, and spinning customs with Shakers. Plus, weave a Karakul rug, knit a silk scarf, and hook a fuzzy rug!
Spring 1990: Realize the value of not planning, receive trade secrets of plying, and learn the simple steps to start your own spinning guild with this issue of Spin-Off. Spin, knit, and weave several unique items including a basketweave hat and natural-colored rugs.
Summer 1990: Take a look at allergic reactions to fibers, start a new adventure with angora, and knit an alpaca child’s sweater. Plus, explore sheep-to-shawl spinners in the San Juans, Industrial Age spinning wheels, and cashmere farm migration from China to the Rocky Mountains.
Fall 1990: Take your spinning from amateur to professional with this issue of Spin-Off. Photograph your textiles with proper angles and lighting, write in spinner’s shorthand, and learn about the ancient spinning techniques found in excavated textiles from Chancay, Peru.
Winter 1990: Full of projects for all, this issue of Spin-Off will keep your hands busy including patterns for a Fair Isle vest, silk/cotton blouse, Peruvian hat, and cowl collared poncho. Plus, learn about blending fibers with a picker and spinning Tierra wools.
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by spinners from all over the world. In each issue, you’ll meet spinners with unique stories to tell.
- Explore a variety of spinning techniques. Get an up-close look at piles of gorgeous handspun yarns and learn how to make them for yourself.
- Test your spinning skills with projects that use your handspun yarns.
- And so much more!
These issues were scanned from original print issues.
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.