Spin Art Mastering the Craft of Spinning Textured Yarn + DVD
• How to create innovative, eye-catching single and plied spun yarn styles, including wraps, beehives, bumps, racing stripes, loops, bubblewrap, multiplied, and more.
• Detailed technical instruction with step-by-step photos with finished spun yarn and swatch close-ups.
• Jacey's bright personality and motivational tips to inspire all spinning enthusiasts to unleash their creative spirit.
As a bonus, the instructional DVD provides additional handspinning demonstration and commentary to complement the techniques in the book. Jacey has bottled the energy and expertise of her highly sought after workshops into a personal, at-home textured yarn workshop experience for you.
|Number Of Pages||144|
- Liked the book but DVD did not work
- I purchased this book and DVD and have read the book. However, the DVD did not work in my computer even though other dvd's worked fine. I could only see some parts so purchased just the DVD. (Posted on 12/31/2014)
- Spin Art
- Amazingly clear instructions! Even as a newbie spinner, I believe I can accomplish this! Love her explanations and detail. The DVD is great! (Posted on 2/1/2012)
- Beautiful book, great teaching
- This fun, clearly-written book and DVD combo is an amazing authoritative guide to creating textured and art yarns. Jacey presents a wide variety of techniques in an order which allows the spinner to build upon skills previously learned in the book. Her goal is not just to teach us to make pretty yarns, but to make functional, useable yarn which looks great and has unique qualities. Jacey draws upon her knowledge of fiber and principles of spinning which yields fantastic results! I have already bought a copy of this book for myself and for a friend, so I'd most highly recommend it! (Posted on 1/8/2012)
- Just buy it already!!!
- This book has it all - gorgeous photos, stunning yarn, detailed instructions, and an amazing (long!) DVD that comes right along with the book. Even if you don't like textured/art yarn, you will enjoy this book and it will improve your spinning. If you do like textured art yarn, then this is one of the best fiber-related investments you could make. If you are a beginner, don't be intimidated by the techniques - this is a book that you can use now and learn from for years to come. The yarns in Spin Art are innovative and interesting, but could also easily be used to knit with. Not to say that yarn needs to be functional or have an obvious use, but this book is a wonderful bridge between non-traditional spinning and solid traditional technique. For example, a large portion of the book is devoted to plying techniques, something that has been overlooked to a large extent in the recent art yarn craze. I think that as the newest spinning generation comes of age, there will be more emphasis on technical textured spinning and plying structure. Spin Art is blazing the trail. The DVD on its own is easily worth the price of the book. The camera angles are good and show a range of wide shots and close-ups that make it easy to follow the techniques. I love seeing the skeins of yarn from the book on the DVD - you get a sense of their balance, drape and durability when you see them handled. Jacey also shows knit samples of the yarns, which I found to be a great addition to the book/DVD set. (Posted on 1/6/2012)
- The ultimate in tutorials!
- Hi All! I received my book as a Christmas present from my best friend; and this present secured her spot at the top of the list. This book has hit the mark on art yarn tutorials (and I haven't yet had the chance to see the video that comes with it). Jacey Boggs has hit the mark on the "how to's" and "why's" of what makes art yarns / textured yarns work. On top of being a great book for spinners, the wonderful layout and great pictures make it a super "Coffee Table" book. If this is what her FIRST book is like I can't wait to see what's up her sleeve for the next one. (Posted on 1/5/2012)
- Must have for textured spinning
- The CD alone is worth he price of the book. the instructions are very clear-almost like being in a class with Jacey (Posted on 1/5/2012)
- Great book
- I bought this book and at arrive just yesterday. It is very inspiring to me. After spinning" normal yarn" for years in all different colors I was ready for a new chalenge and this has opened my mind to something completely new. In two words: great stuff. Many thanks to the writer of this book. Kind regards, Anna (Posted on 12/18/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.