Spin-Along Fiber Club Kit #4
The next Spin-Along Kit is here.
In this kit, you find about 4 ounces of fiber meant to stir your holiday spirit and warm your soul (and maybe your head, hands, or feet, too). The red tones in these fibers are rich and beautiful and will have you wishing for falling leaves and cooler weather!
The four fibers for spinning included are:
- A mostly red 19-micron Merino wool
- Two dark and light color blends in 21+ micron count Merino wool
- Some flaming red viscose bamboo, soft as silk
There's also a little kit for making your own special holiday orifice hook for your spinning wheel. The little red bird bead that is used as an embellishment on the hook compliments the red tones of the fiber and the festive themes. All you'll need are a pair of needle-nose pliers perhaps and a bit of glue.
We wonder what you will do with your fiber. Spin it straight, blend it, felt it; knit it, weave it, drape it on your holiday tree. You can do anything you want to!
Whatever you do, be sure to share. You will find a special forum on Spinning Daily. Just go to www.bit.ly/spinalong. Post your comments, read what your fellow spinners are doing, post photos of your yarn or your finished (or half-finished) project. Of course, you can post on Ravelry or Pinterest or whatever you please, too. We're saving a page in the Winter issue of Spin?Off to present some of the more interesting results (deadline Sunday, October 12-yes, that's right!)
The next SPIN-ALONG package will be ready in about three months, and it will be completely different from this one. We hope you will stay with us.
- Spin-Along Fiber Club
- I like the Spin-Along Fiber Kit. I found it simple to use and it helped me developed my skills in Hand spinning. (Posted on 2/28/2015)
- Spin-Along Fiber Club Kit
- Since I have just gotten into Spinning and I wanted to add a Handle spindle to my collection of Instructional Items. I am very please and enjoy it very much. (Posted on 10/23/2014)
- gorgeous fibers!!
- I'm not a spinner, but purchased this kit to expand my felting choices & color range. These colors are awesome & the fiber so soft! Great kit! (Posted on 10/9/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.