Spin-Along Fiber Club 2014 Kit #2
Welcome to SPIN?ALONG, Spin?Off’s fiber club—designed especially for having fun, learning stuff, and making yarn.
Enclosed you will find 4 ounces of fiber from distant realms:
Wool from England and wool from the Falkland Islands
Yak from China
And alpaca from Peru
You’ll also find an old-fashioned hanging letter scale, once used for weighing airmail letters (so as not to exceed the postal limits). Since most international mail today is sent via the internet rather than in those exciting pale blue tissue-thin stationery sheets with the red and white borders, you will have to think of other uses for your letter scale. Surely it will be useful for weighing an ounce of fiber! Plus, it’s cute.
You’ll also find some tempting coupons from a few of our loyal manufacturers.
Order today because supplies are limited! These will go fast so you don't want to miss your chance to get this great offer!
We wonder what you will do with your fiber. You could wax philosophical about blending the world into perfect harmony; you could make a memorial to the Falkland Island war, in which the Islands and Britain joined forces against Argentina (except that we didn’t give you any Argentine fiber); you could just have fun with the textures and subtle colors, and add other favorites from your stash at will. You could create a little pouch for your passport. You can do anything you want to!
Whatever you do, be sure to share. You will find a special forum on Spinning Daily. Just go towww.spinningdaily.com/forums/101.aspx. Post your comments, read what your fellow spinners are doing, post photos of your yarn or your finished (or half-finished) project. Of course, you can post on Ravelry or Pinterest or whatever you please, too. We’re saving a page in the Summer issue of Spin?Off to present some of the more interesting results (deadline March 31—yes, that’s right!)
What is the SPIN?ALONG Fiber Club?
Every 3-4 months we will bring you a brand new batch of fibers to try out ranging from sheep wool to alpaca to mohair to silk. This is the perfect opportunity to try out fibers you have been hesitant about or may have never heard of!
This is currently not a subscription based club*, so when you purchase the kit you are not signing up for any sort of long-term commitment. However, if you buy the kit now, you will be one of the first to learn about the next kit and will get first opportunity to order.
The next SPIN?ALONG package will be ready in about three months, and it will be completely different from this one. We hope you will stay with us. We do.
*Please note that we can in the future become a subscription based club, where you would be regularly charged for our kits and automatically sent the next kit when it is available. We are not set-up to do that at the moment. If we do move to a subscription based club we will have clear messaging to inform you. Any kit purchase before the subscription is put into place does not mean you will be automatically added to the subscription. You will be notified and will have the option of signing up at that time.
- love, love love the color & texture combination
- Your fiber choices of the alpaca &yak with wool are simply luxurious & oh, so dreamy. Keep it coming! I LOVE Suri Alpacas & hope to see some sooooon! Thankyou!!! Michelle (Posted on 8/31/2014)
- poor packaging
- The fibers were not labeled. A new spinner isn't likely to be a fiber expert. It would be so simple to put a small paper tag/laber in the middle of the fibers. There were no manufacturers coupons as advertised. (Posted on 4/26/2014)
- Please label fibres
- The fibres are lovely, however I don't know what is what - except for the yak. If you could be more specific about what specific breeds are included, that would be great. The little scale is neat. Thanks for that! (Posted on 4/21/2014)
- please label
I agree with the other reviewers. I am also a new spinner and am trying to keep a record of the fibers that I prefer. It is important the the fibers be clearly marked. Otherwise, I was very pleased with the kit.
(Posted on 4/13/2014)
The fibers in the kit are very nice to the touch. I haven't had a chance to spin any of them yet so I can't attest to how well they spin up. However, I was expecting something more than a bunch of fibers in a bag. There was no information as to which fiber was which. I expected at the least for each fiber to be in a separate bag with breed information and other character tics of the fiber on the label.
If Interweave wants to make this a regular "club" offering, they need to pay more attention to detail. (Posted on 4/9/2014)
- fiber club #2. ?????
- I was excited to receive my order. However, when I opened the box I was confused as to what I received. The fiber is beautiful. But the four different fibers were in the same bag. I ordered this so,I,could experience these exotic fibers. Because they are packages in one bag I don't really know which is which. I thought I knew which was e yak and the alpaca. even the other two I can't identify. What breed are they? I am keeping a journal of what I am spinning and blending. This shipment I can't do that. If the fibers were packaged separately and labeled there would be no question. I have a mystery box. Again, the fibers are beautiful and the scale is great. Just a little tweaking in the shipping would be needed to make this great. (Posted on 4/9/2014)
- Love the fibers!
- Love the fibers! In the future, can you please either label the fibers or indicate by color which is which in the accompanying letter. As a newbie to spinning, I get fiber subscriptions to be able to sample other fibers to see what I like and how they spin up, but I am not familiar enough with all the diff fibers to be able to identify each. (Posted on 4/7/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.