Spice Up Your Weaving 2: Design Theory & Inspiration On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Spice Up Your Weaving II: Design Theory & Inspirationwebinar with Karen Donde
Principles and elements of design that guide all artists also apply to handwoven textiles. However the range of products that can be created by interlacing two sets of threads is so diverse that weavers sometimes shy away from designing on their own in favor of the tried and true. They needn’t.
Karen Donde designs handwoven textiles for sale, commission and exhibit. In this web seminar she will share historical perspectives on the development of modern hand weaving, design theories from a few of her personal heroes and examples of how to apply these theories and principles to your weaving.
She’ll also teach you a warm-up exercise to get the ideas flowing and demonstrate how to take inspiration from any stage in the design process.
With Karen Donde's Spice Up Your Weaving webinar, you will learn:
- How to relate design principles to requirements of handweaving
- How to collect and categorize design ideas
- How to use hands-on and online color tools to find appealing palettes
- How to put proportion theories to work for you
- How to distinguish between pattern and weave structure
- How to find inspiration in yarn, weave structure, recipes, and your own weaving
- and much more!
This weaving webinar is for all skill levels of weavers. Who should attend this webinar?
- Novice weavers unsure about designing their own projects
- Experience weavers overwhelmed by too many design choices
- Weavers who need help organizing their ideas
- Weavers who think they're not creative enough to design
- Weavers with a studio full of yarn they don't know how to use
- Weavers who love experimenting with weave structures but want to turn them into finished projects
- Weavers who have only woven from recipes
- Weavers inspired by published projects who want to use them as design inspiration
- Weavers who have trouble coming up with ideas
Karen Donde weaves limited-edition, one-of-a-kind and custom garments, fashion accessories and home textiles for sale and teaches beginning-advanced weaving classes and assorted workshops. She currently is resident weaving instructor and marketing/promotions manager at Sutherland Handweaving Studio in Asheville, N.C.’s River Arts District.
Donde began weaving in 1998 and has been teaching since 2004. In October 2008, she earned a Certificate of Excellence in Handweaving-Level I from the Handweavers Guild of America. She is a recent graduate of the Haywood Community College Professional Crafts-Fiber program.
An experienced and award-winning writer with a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Missouri, Donde now writes for and about weavers. She is a contributor to Handwoven magazine and its Weaving Today email newsletter, and serves on the magazine’s Editorial Advisory Board.
Donde is a juried member of the Southern Highland Craft Guild. She also belongs to several weaving guilds, including the Western North Carolina Fibers/Handweavers Guild. She served four years on the board of directors for the Mid-Atlantic Fiber Association.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Better than session 1
- This was the content I expected in the first session. There were some good hints and links, but still mostly at the beginner level. I expected a lot more from the advertising for these webinars. (Posted on 2/21/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.