Special Approaches for Stones: Prong Set Curved Concho and Textured Shaman Pendants with Lexi Erickson DVD
Step up your jewelry making technique with Lexi Erickson as you create Southwestern-inspired jewelry using basic metalsmithing skills.
You’ll love this if:
- You are inspired by Southwestern-style jewelry.
- You want to explore the design process of another jewelry artist, from developing the design to making the finished piece of jewelry.
- You are interested in incorporating unusual or uniquely shaped objects into your jewelry designs.
Create Stunning Southwestern Jewelry with Lexi Erickson!
In this workshop DVD, experienced jewelry teacher, artist, and author Lexi Erickson shares special settings for unique stones with two Southwestern-inspired jewelry projects. Learn expert tips from Lexi on basic jewelry techniques including designing, sawing, filing, soldering, and finishing. Set a bear-shaped quahog shell with a curved back using prongs in a concho pendant. Then, learn how to bezel set a shield-shaped cabochon in a textured, shaman-inspired pendant. Plus, take a peek inside Lexi’s field journal from her days as an archeologist and see how this inspires her design process.
Order your copy of Special Approaches for Stones: Prong Set Curved Concho and Textured Shaman Pendants today to:
- Learn how to set uniquely shaped gemstones using prongs and bezels.
- Discover Lexi’s expert tips for soldering wire and bezels to a heavier gauge textured back plate successfully—without melting the wire or bezels!
- Take your texture up a notch when you learn how to solder metal components onto stamped and textured metal sheet.
- Step up your soldering skills with expert insights on butt-joint and sweat soldering techniques.
- And more!
About the Expert:
Lexi Erickson is a Contributing Editor for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and Jewelry Making Daily. Lexi has a Master’s Degree in Jewelry Design and Fabrication and has also studied with some of the leading teachers from the US and Canada. She has been teaching high school through university level jewelry courses for 30 years, and has been called the “Queen of Soldering” in the Interweave publications, and is a popular Bead Fest teacher. Her favorite quote is “A day without soldering is a day without sunshine.” She lives in Denver, Colorado with her family and a large menagerie of puppies and kitties. You may reach Lexi through her website, LexiErickson.com.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.