Sockupied Spring 2014 eMag for PC and Mac
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Instantly dive into the science of sock knitting with Sockupied Spring 2014!
The "tech issue," this interactive eMag for sock knitters
has all the bells and whistles.
Full of sock knitting tips and techniques, Sockupied Spring 2014 celebrates sock knitting and the techie-world of knitters.
Experiment with simple knitting techniques and yield colorwork socks that fit perfectly. Meet Kate Atherley, sock knitter, designer, and math whiz. Plus, an abstract concept gets a new interpretation when twisted traveling stitches meet a mathmatical rule set.
With 6 sock patterns, Sockupied Spring 2014 will have sock knitters' needles working overtime:
- Find your stranded colorwork wavelength with Terry Morris' top-down, geometric Spectrum Socks.
- Whether you prefer handpainted or solid sock yarns, dive into the vibrant top-down Voltage Socks by Trudy Evans, shown in two different yarns.
- Knit your own stranded cellular automation with the twisted toe-up Automata Socks by Lana Holden, a math guru's sock of choice.
- Pops of color grow into embossed flowers in the toe-up Centaurea Socks by Anita Grahn, knit with handpainted yarn.
- Cable crossings follow the rhythms of four fundamental mathematical constants in Kate Atherley's top-down Constant Cables Socks.
- For an optic illusion, knit the top-down Houndstooth Socks by Stephanie van der Linden, where interlocking squares and triangles that create an op-art effect.
In addition to designer footwear, Sockupied Spring 2014 also features dazzling yarns on the market today to inspire sock knitters, a review of double-pointed needles, and even a fun feature of knitted socks that have flair!
Download your copy of Sockupied Spring 2014 today!
This eMag is available for MAC and PC desktops.
Have an iPad? Download Sockupied Fall 2013 at the Apple Store.
- First things first: I love the design of this eMag. As a future teacher (computer science and math) I am impressed by the implementation of the magazine and I wish we had text books like this for school. Full integration of a how-to-video is a thumps up. All the patterns are available as a rintable and portable pdf, another thumps up. Patterns have the measurements and needle sizes given in metric units as well, I am running out of thumps. The contents are interesting and helpful and I just love the scientific automata inspired pattern. I didn't encounter any problems regarding downloading/opening the file as they were mentioned in previous reviews. Summary: Fully satisfied and happy with this eMag. (Posted on 8/5/2016)
- One of the Best Sockupied ever.
- This Sockupied answered many of the questions that I have had about the difference about color knitting and stranded knitting. In the past when I have knit sock using 2 or more colors I had a problem getting the foot of the sock not to be to tight because I pulled the yarn across to firmly. I now know that if I knit the socks with the right side on the inside the floats on the outside will make the foot of the sock fit correctly, and IT WORKS. I now have a socks that I can wear. (Posted on 2/5/2015)
- Nice patterns, pity about the interface/software
- I'm with others who weren't so impressed with the format for this emag. The content looks good and I bought this edition because Kate Atherley's sock pattern is ideal for my Dad, but I'd much rather have had this as a PDF, which I believe has been the format for other emagazines I've bought from Interweave. This one took an age to download, is quite large (around 500 MB), and required me to download programs I didn't really want. (Posted on 10/20/2014)
- Great tips and tricks
- I have been knitting socks for 4 years but still learned something new. (Posted on 7/15/2014)
- I bought ten of the Sockupied e-mags as they were on sale at a very reasonable price especially as I live in the United Kingdom & the exchange rate from $ to £ was excellent. I was a bit concerned about the downloads especially the size of them. I run my husbands office from home so I have 2 x 1TB hard disks attached to my PC. I downloaded them to one of the hard disks & had the program extract itself to there then added shortcuts from there to my knitting file on the Computer C drive. It works a treat & they all load fine. As to the complaint of not being able to view on a Tablet I knew that would not work as it was obvious you needed either a PC or Mac operating system to run the e- mag. (Posted on 5/28/2014)
- great concept and great magazine
- I started receiving these e-magazine's about a year ago. I am never disappointed in the quality and feel they are a great bargain. I always learn something new and it is so convenient to have them on my desktop. I have never had any problems with the technical aspects of receiving any of the digital products I have ordered . Keep up the good work.! (Posted on 3/19/2014)
- Tech problem solvable by adding ".exe" to the file name for PC.
This is more than an emag, the layout is fantastic! But it took me dozens of trials and three technicians with lengthy duplications of instructions that were not applicable, as well as returning my first purchase because the download would not open. I almost gave up, but really wanted to see what the mathematics were about, so reordered and started the process all over again. Thank you, Constance, for suggesting that I add ".exe" to the file name. It worked and I can now open the file. It is a shame that the media company could not identify and fix the problem from the get-go.
Sure glad I was persisant. This emag is so attractive and the articles and instructions appear to be superior in concept. I can't wait to knit up a pair of socks and perhaps use the techniques in knitting other items. It took me awhile to figure out the layout and realize it was scrollable in two directions, more like using a touch screen, which I do not have on my PC. Once I figured it out, I was amazed. The order and arrangement of the layout is a credit to the technicians. Since I have vision problems that necessitate a precise positioning of the page, I am not yet a fan of reading magazines on PC or iPad, especially when I want to have a written pattern upon which I can mark my place. Printing from an emag seems to produce a less clear, smaller print instruction page and I have not found a way to work around that .... yet. Thank you Interweave and F-W Media for such a beautiful product. (Posted on 3/10/2014)
- The magazine format us unacceptable. Need PDFs.
After some Googling, I managed to work out the security settings of my Mac so I could load the mags.
BUT please let it be known I am really unhappy with the mag format you use. Why not have PDFs?? I will purchase no more mags from you and will advise all my many knitting friends to stay well clear. Your program format is really unwieldy, and not being able to easily print it out completely to allow reading away from the Mac is not acceptable. Having each mag as an executable disc image is definitely not on! I am very unhappy with your mags and regret purchasing them. I wanted them for the knitting patterns and the format they are in makes it very difficult for me to use them for what I purchased them for. A VERY BIG thumbs down!!! (Posted on 3/3/2014)
- doesn't dissappoint
- As with all the interweave publications I have purchased over many years, your quality is superior. I can't knit fast enough to use all the ideas I get from you, but it gives me a greater insight into all of my knitting . I love the attention to detail and the willingness to try techniques a new way. Elizabeth Zimmerman would be proud. (Posted on 2/16/2014)
- Love the patterns - wish the PC and iPad versions could be interchanged
I've knitted voltage and constant cables so far ... love them both. I do wish that I had realized that I couldn't download to my iPad with this order. In the future, I'll order them through the iPad because that's where I work from - not sitting in front of my computer.
But saving the PDF version and then working with that on the iPad also works. (Posted on 2/15/2014)
- Sockupied Spring 2014 eMag
- Very impressed with the e magazine. Like the patterns and there is a great deal of extra information that you would not get with a hard copy. (Posted on 2/13/2014)
- Windows download problem solution
Love this latest Sockupied eMag, especially the math behind the designs, but I nearly didn't get it. Like Barbara & Cathy I too had problems downloading it but didn't get such prompt Customer Service as in the past. Apart from the initial acknowledgement of my request it was over 2 weeks before I got the help I needed. Maybe they were extra busy but the advice wasn't exactly pertinent to my problem of being unable to open/install the downloaded product in Windows, but had a lot of advice on digital products in general. I had tried downloading it a number of times to 3 different computers so it wasn't likely to be my computer at fault but I followed instructions to delete all my failed attempts & to install a new version of Adobe Air, which was exactly the same as the old one. I then noticed further instructions to save & not run & add the file extension .exe & this is what finally worked for me. I have never had to do this before with the many eMag products I have bought from Interweave & why should Windows users have to do that when Mac users already have the .dmg extension included with their purchase?
Incidentally I tried downloading the previous issue of Sockupied that is already installed on my computer & was fine when I originally bought it, only to find the .exe extension was missing from that too. I hope Interweave soon fix this glitch as I am still steaming over all the wasted time & extra data usage. (Posted on 2/13/2014)
- Sockupied Sprint f2014
- I have been getting Sockupied since its premier issue in 2010. It has never disappointed, and this issue is the same quality. It's interesting, informative and full of goodies. Keep up the great work! (Posted on 2/6/2014)
- Love knitting socks
- Looks really good with great tips and patterns, hope to spend more time reviewing the eMag soon, (Posted on 2/6/2014)
- Great Customer Service
- Sockupied Spring 2014 is chock full of interesting patterns and good information, as usual. I had some trouble downloading it but Customer Service responding quickly with the solution. Good job, guys! Thanks. (Posted on 2/6/2014)
- Spring 2014
- Great patterns and the combination of math and knitting was an interesting concept. See, I guess our parents were right when they said that we'd use math someday. At least it's "pretty" math! (Posted on 2/4/2014)
- Wish download would have worked
- I purchased the download and it would not work on my PC or Mac. Customer support never responded to my request for help, but did refund my money. I then purchased from the Sockupied iPad app and that download worked! Am knitting "Voltage" for my electrical engineer husband :) (Posted on 2/4/2014)
- I like it and am glad I bought it. HOPE to get lots more. (Posted on 2/3/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org
Digital Courses and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.