Sock Knitting Master Class Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
With patterns divided into two sections by top-down and toe-up construction, Sock Knitting Master Class explores techniques, such as cables, twisted stitches, lace, stranded colorwork, entrelac, shadow knitting, and intarsia worked in the round. You'll discover inventive ways to start and end socks, shape heels and toes, and knit soles. With Sock Knitting Master Class, you?ll be knitting like the pros in no time!
Sock Knitting Master Class is an all-star assembly of the most inventive and exciting designers working with socks today, including Cookie A, Kathryn Alexander, Nancy Bush, Cat Bordhi, Priscilla Gibson-Roberts, Anne Hanson, Melissa Morgan-Oakes, Meg Swanson, Anna Zilboorg, and many more! As a bonus, you will also learn how each yarn contributes to the overall design from Clara Parkes. From best-selling author, Ann Budd, Sock Knitting Master Class offers a one of a kind opportunity for knitters to learn from the best and brightest in the knitting world, while sporting the latest and greatest in sock fashions.
On a bonus enclosed DVD, Ann showcases all you need to know to knit fun, inventive socks, including a few special tricks and tips from this master sock knitter. You'll find the DVD a great companion to learning both top-down and toe-up techniques.
|Number Of Pages||184|
|File/Trim Size||0.5 x 8.5 x 9 inches|
|Technique||Intarsia, Stranded Colorwork, Entrelac, Toe Up|
- I bought the digital download of this book and the DVD. So far I have knitted 8 of the patterns in it, plan to knit more, and it has extended my skills and my sock wardrobe beautifully! I have learned a great deal about different toes and heels, which I have used in other patterns, as well as a range of useful cast-ons. I was already handy with DPNs and traveling loop before I bought it, but I also now know how to knit two at a time magic loop. Really, it is what it says it is: a master-class. (Posted on 5/16/2016)
- Sock Designing Master Class by Ann Budd
- An EXCELLENT publication I will use forever. Ann is a superb teacher and speaker and I found the DVD to be an excellent learning tool; however, it could use a little help. First, the glint off Ann's glasses was very distracting. Second, showing the techniques from underneath the work in progress was very confusing, and lastly every now and then the technique being demonstrated would move out of the picture frame. I would recommend this book in a heartbeat. (Posted on 9/4/2011)
- Sock Knitting Master Class
- I adore this book! The clearly written and descriptive text is unlike any other book I have seen about sock knitting. I even taught myself the Old Norwegian Cast-On from this book and I am strictly a visual learner! The illustrations are beautiful and there are instructions for heels and toes that I have not seen before. This book is going to be my new Sock Bible!! I think I had better buy a second copy right now as this first copy is going to quickly be worn out... Thank you, Ann Budd!! P. S. My sister in law is buying one this weekend! (Posted on 7/12/2011)
- 100++++ Stars Ann Budd ROCKS!
- The DVD alone is amazing, I wish I would have had this when I first started knitting years ago, Ann Budd demonstrates the techniques like she is in my living room with me, I caught myself asking a question to my tv screen, and she actually demonstrated that in the next moment!! The book is beautifully done, the title says it all, Master Class in the techniques you will learn (from beginner up not just the hard stuff and masterpieces in the sock designs from the top Master designers today. (Posted on 7/9/2011)
- Sock Knitting Master Class
- I pre-ordered this book and it came yesterday. If you are a sock knitter, as I am, you will love this book. It comes with a DVD which I have watched, and am going to watch again. It contains so much informaiton and Ann Budd shows you how to do techniques, explains the needles you can use, demonstrates various cast on, one of which I had not seen. The patterns are all different and use lots of techniques. I am looking forward to trying out most of the patterns and will try to follow her blog on this. (Posted on 7/6/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.