Snowball Cap Kit
Stay warm when you hit the slopes with the Snowball Colorwork Cap Kit featured in knitscene Winter 2016! The pattern calls for four skeins of Dale Garn Hegre—navy, off-white, red, and heather gray. Knit the earflaps in garter stitch first, then knit them onto the first row in-the-round to start the main part of the hat. The cute colorwork chart is simple enough even for a colorwork beginner. Use the remainder of the yarn to create the large pom-pom for the top of the hat and to braid for the earflap ties. An adorable hat with fun features made simple!
See what's inside the collection:
- knitscene Winter 2016 Print Issue
- 1 ball of Dale Garn Hegre Yarn in Navy
- 1 ball of Dale Garn Hegre Yarn in Off-White
- 1 ball of Dale Garn Hegre Yarn in Red
- 1 ball of Dale Garn Hegre Yarn in Lt. Heather Gray
knitscene Winter 2016
Knitscene Winter 2016 is all about cozy comfort and elegance with 20 brand-new knitting patterns. Fuzzy projects make for the perfect snow day inside, and lace sweaters and accessories accompany fabulous winter party ensembles.
Snowball Cap Knitting Pattern by Jesie Ostermiller
Pattern in Magazine
Knit the earflaps first, then the main part of the hat. Finish it off by braiding and attaching earflap ties and making a big pom-pom for the top. The colorwork chart is a 17-st and 19-row repeat, simple enough to follow for someone new to stranded colorwork.
Finished Size: 19" circumference and 8" tall, excluding earflaps.
Yarn: Dale Garn Hegre Yarn (100% pure new wool; 82 yd [75 m]/1¾ oz [50 g]): #5563 navy (A), #0017 off-white (B), #4018 red (C), and #0004 lt heather gray (D), 1 ball each. Yarn distributed by Mango Moon.
Needles: Size 6 (4 mm): 16" circular (cir) and set of double-pointed (dpn) (not included).
Notions: Markers (m); stitch holders; size H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook; tapestry needle.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Originally Published: knitscene Winter 2016
Dale Garn Hegre Yarn in Navy, Off-White, Red, and Lt Heather Gray
This kit includes four balls of yarn this warm and soft yarn, one in each color. This thick yarn is perfect for creating comfortable and cozy accessories to snuggle into as the temperatures start to drop.
Fiber Content: 100% pure new wool
Skein Size: 50 gram balls - 82 yards
Order your Snowball Cap Kit today!
- Size is not accurate
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.