Slots and Holes Three Ways to Warp a Rigid-Heddle Loom DVD
The first time you warp a rigid heddle loom in just 20 minutes, the light goes on. This simple, clever loom is ideal for making cloth fast! For getting a project ready to weave in no time flat! But there's more to it than that. Master these three ways to warp, and you'll be prepared to weave anything from simple plain fabric to complex stripes or plaids to fine fabrics you thought were only possible on a floor loom.
Liz Gipson has taught scores of people the joys of the rigid heddle, and in the process has developed simple approaches that make sense. You'll feel comfortable with her down-home explanations and reassured by her common-sense ways of working. Slots and Holes is loaded with tricks and tips and know-how, from why it's good to have an arsenal of scissors, to how to warp with two yarns at once and save half your time.
- I am new at weaving and found free 10 min. youtube videos that made warping understandable. This video made the warping look very difficult. I learned nothing and I was disapointed (Posted on 12/28/2015)
- Newby to weaving
- This is the perfect video if you have just bought a rigid heddle loom for the first time and don't have a clue how to warp. Other than that, there's nothing new here. (Posted on 1/3/2015)
- If you own a rigid heddle loom... you must get this DVD
- It's so well done. I appreciate Liz' professionalism and her great humor ! Very easy to follow too ! Thank you for this, it's a great resource ! Lil Liebschen (Posted on 9/17/2012)
- Slots and Holes: Three Ways to Warp a Rigid-Heddle Loom DVD
- Awesome!!! Liz does such a great job explaining! Thank you for the super job, done well! (Posted on 4/12/2012)
- Excellent Way to Learn to Warp
- Rather you are a brand new weaver, or one who has been weaving a while but only use one method of warping, this is an excellent way to expand your warping options. It is well paced, you can easily see with good camera angles, what she is demonstrating. Liz has a very likeable delivery, is clear in her instructions and takes you step by step through each of three methods. She also uses different looms, which helps in understanding how the warping methods would be done on several of the most popular models (i.e. Cricket, Ashford Knitters loom etc). What I liked best was her explanation of why you would want to use each warping method for different weaving projects - the how AND the why together was invaluable. (Posted on 2/2/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.