Slipstitch Mittens Kit
Crochet these traditional Swedish inspired mittens. The technique used throughout these mitts was learned from the Sätergläntan, the Swedish craft school from Berit Westman. With this kit you will not only receive the pattern for these gorgeous Slipstitch Mittens, but the full physical issue of Crochet Traditions Fall 2012 and a skein of the naturally variegated Sea Glass Yarn from Green Mountain Spinnery Yarns.
Included in this kit:
Crochet Traditions Fall 2012
This 148-page special issue from PieceWork magazine explores the rich variety and techniques of crochet with 28 patterns for mittens, a skirt, hats, a shawl, bags, socks, and more.
Companion stories frame projects in their cultural or historical context.
Crochet Traditions Fall 2012 features illustrations and technical instruction on lace work, it gathers multiple crochet traditions from around the world, it includes vintage pieces, and profiles of historical crocheters.
This issue also includes the Slipstitch Mittens pattern.
Slipstitch Mittens Pattern
by Carol Huebscher Rhoads
Carol Huebsher Rhaods learned how to crochet these mittens from the primary source, Berit Westman at Sätergläntan, the Swedish craft school. Now she passes along this mitten pattern.
She uses traditional stitch work and applies this a modern appeal. Learn to slant your stitches for a better fit along the thumb and incorporate exciting directional stitch work into your crochet.
- Finished size: Woman’s medium; about 6¾ inches (17 cm) in circumference and 11¾ inches (30 cm) long
- Needles: Crochet hook, size E-4 (3.5 mm) for beginning chain and Bosnian crochet hook.
- Gauge: 7 sts and 7 rows = 1 inch (2.5 cm) in 3 fl p, 3 blp sl st patt
From Green Mountain Spinnery Yarns:
Enjoy quality yarn from the finest wool and kid mohair that is naturally variegated yarn and fingering weight.
Simply Fine Sea Glass Yarn, 40% kid mohair/60% wool yarn, fingering weight, 450 yards (411.5 m)/3½ ounce (99.2 g) skein, 1 skein of Ocean; this project requires 275 yards (251.5 m)
*Color may vary from what is pictured here.
Order the Slipstitch Mittens Kit today!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.