Silversmithing for Jewelry Makers A Handbook of Techniques and Surface Treatments
Expert jeweler and silversmith, Elizabeth Bone, offers a comprehensive guide to techniques, surface treatments, and innovations specifically designed for all jewelry makers working in silver. Unlike other silversmithing and jewelry making guides, Silversmithing for Jewelry Makers caters exclusively to the needs and interests of silver jewelry artisans. You will learn basic skills and specialized techniques, including filigree, chasing, annealing, engraving, etching, casting, and more. With over 20 years of metal jewelry making experience, Elizabeth bridges the gap between traditional and contemporary skills, offering the best of both worlds. Every valuable silversmithing technique for jewelry makers is included inside Silversmithing for Jewelry Makers.
Inside every section you'll find contemporary artisan profiles with galleries illustrating a range of beautifully crafted finished works. The handy resource section also features a how-to for selling jewelry in the contemporary accessories market. Whether you are an experienced jewelry maker interested in either exploring silver for the first time or taking your silver jewelry to the next level, you will love Silversmithing for Jewelry Makers' harmonious marriage between expert silversmithing techniques and a jewelry artisan's sensibility.
- Intermediate metal worker agrees
- This book exceeded my expectations. It is worth every bit of it's retail price, but if you happen to catch it on sale, grab it! The book doesn't do the designing for you, but even better….it is overflowing with helpful techniques that can be used in a variety of YOUR designs. (Posted on 10/1/2014)
- Excellent book except for 1 thing!
- This is an excellent source book for beautiful ideas and instructions however I purchased it mainly because I wanted to obtain instructions for Hadar Jacobson's Woven Curtain necklace which is largely featured on the cover. When I saw that this was not in the book I was temporarily disappointed. I found the book to have other worthy merits with clear instructions and great photos to inspire me. (Posted on 5/6/2014)
- I recommend this book.
This book is a treat for anyone working with silver. It is well written, the photos and the instructions are clear, and the projects and the finished jewelry shown are very inspirational. I have had this book for some time now, and I keep going back to it, for information and inspiration alike. It is certainly worth the money.
(Posted on 10/19/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.