Metalsmith Essentials: Shell Forming for Jewelry Making with Hammers and Stakes with Andrea Harvin-Kennington Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn how to form metal towards itself and in opposing directions.
- You want to explore ways to layer metal to create floral designs.
- You are interested in advancing your metalsmithing skills and learning how to manipulate metal.
Make your metal three-dimensional with micro shell forming!
Manipulate and move metal with steps for this technical skill.
Join acclaimed metalsmith Andrea Harvin-Kennington for her workshop that shrinks shell forming down to a smaller size for jewelry making. Uncover important steps, materials, and considerations for successfully adding micro shell forming to your jewelry designs.
Discover how to curve metal in the same direction and create small synclastic forms efficiently. Then, examine how metal moves in opposing directions and make breathtaking anticlastic forms. Once you master the synclastic and anticlastic technique, mix them together in a single project to add elegant dimension to your metal jewelry designs. Learn how to strategically layer these structural metal forms within one another to create delicate floral pieces and other motifs.
Order your copy of this must-have video workshop today to:
- Learn what to look for (and not) as you form tapered tubes, or spiculums, and synclastic and anticlastic shapes from metal.
- Discover the right tools for forming your metal effectively with detailed tool recommendations and tips (including creating your own anticlastic form from a scrap piece of wood).
- Watch as Andrea demonstrates these metalsmithing skills and draws helpful illustrations to clarify the necessary steps.
- See how metal moves and can be shaped with up-close shots and step-by-step directions.
- And more!
About the artist:
Metalsmith Andrea Harvin-Kennington has been involved in the metals industry for more than 25 years. She earned her MFA in Metals Design from East Carolina University in 1994 and apprenticed with Betty Helen Longhi from 1995-1997. During her apprenticeship, Andrea began teaching at the Sawtooth School for Visual Art, and taught there until 2010. She has owned and operated Kennington Designs since 1994. In 2009, Andrea established NC Black Co. in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, where she and her team craft micro-tools for metalworking.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Excellent video - easy to follow
- The video shows you how to form from a flat sheet of metal to a three dimensional object. It is very easy to understand and follow. It makes me have a better understanding of using different types of hammers and stakes for different purposes. It is a "must" for whoever wishes to learn the art of fold forming. (Posted on 3/25/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.