Sharing Stitches eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll Love This Sewing & Crafting Book If:
- You want to learn how to sew with exciting techniques & tips from Chrissie Grace
- You love to sew and want to try new crafting projects step-by-step
- You want to collaborate with fellow fabric artists, but don’t know where to start
Create fun, interesting sewing crafts with the great tips and techniques in this eBook from Chrissie Grace. Along with 15 other talented artists, Chrissie shares exciting projects such as a lacey headband, a patchwork pullover, a handy kitchen apron and even multi-fabric quilts. With a focus on sharing and swapping fabrics with your artistic community, Sharing Stitches is the perfect resource for any crafter looking to mix it up and try something new. Learn how to sew a wide variety of fun crafts, swap fabric and more.
In addition to great, complete crafting projects Sharing Stitches also includes a round robin journal and other tips on swapping fabric and collaborate smoothly. Start swapping & start sewing today with this downloadable eBook.
In the Sharing Stitches eBook You’ll Learn:
- 22 crafty sewing projects great for collaborations and swaps
- How to swap fabrics & host your own collaboration gathering
- Great sewing tips & fabric projects from artists such as Claudine Hellmuth, Liz Lamoreux, Ruth Rae and others
"I consider myself a mixed-media artist. I have a long past creating mosaic art with glass and tile. I also love to paint and create mixed-media collages. Working as an artist has always been a solitary experience for me. Whether it was in my garage studio, at my kitchen table or alone in my car jotting down ideas, my artistic dialogue was limited to myself. I started yearning for a connection to other artists. I wanted to connect to some creative partners with whom I could develop a small artistic community. It wasn’t until I made the decision to step outside my little work zone in my home studio that I really started blossoming." — Chrissie Grace
Check Out This Excerpt From Sharing Stitches:
Freezer Paper Method For some of your projects you will want to print an image or words on fabric. Instead of buying transfer paper and ironing it on, you can make your own fabric paper. Cut a piece of freezer paper and a piece of muslin a little larger than a standard 8½" x 11" (21.5cm by 28cm) page. Place the plastic side of the freezer paper down on your muslin and iron them together. The two pieces will become one. Make sure to trim it to 8½" x 11" (21.5cm by 28cm) with no hanging strings. You can now feed it right into your ink-jet printer. Make sure that the image will print on the fabric side of the paper. Ironing
It is imperative that you press all of your fabric pieces before using them in your projects (unless, of course, the project calls for a wrinkled look!). Ironing your fabric makes everything look more finished, and it's a good habit to get into if you start quilting. Making a Microwave Flower Press
You can buy a commercial flower press at most craft stores, or you can make your own for practically free. Cut two pieces of thick cardboard 10" (25.5cm) square, or smaller if your microwave won't accommodate this size. Cut sheets of newsprint in the same size. Place a piece of newsprint on one piece of cardboard, and then arrange the flowers on top of the newsprint. Lay another piece of newsprint on top of the flowers, and then cover with the other piece of cardboard. Secure with rubber bands around all the edges. "Cook" the flowers on medium heat (50-percent) for about two minutes. Carefully check them. If they don't seem completely dry, put them back in for another minute or so. When you remove them from the microwave, place them in between a stack of heavy books overnight. The next morning you will have pressed, dried flowers. Stitching in the Ditch
Stitching in the ditch is a great technique for beginning machine quilters. The term "stitch in the ditch" means that you use the walking foot on your machine to create straight lines of quilting along the seams (or "ditches") of the quilt top. If you are using the stitch-in-the-ditch technique, you must keep your stitches in the seams, or ditches, consistently. You don't want your stitches to veer away from the seams. Straight Stitching
A straight stitch is simply that. Unless otherwise noted, always use a ¼" (6mm) seam. Topstitching
Topstitching is a length of stitching done on the top of a seam to give it a finished appearance.
|File/Trim Size||32 MB|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.