Sewn Collage Classroom: 15 Techniques for Paper & Fabric DVD
There is so much you can do with paper and fabric! Kristen Robinson will show you 15 techniques in this video workshop. Work alongside Kristen and incorporate hand stitching, machine stitching, and cross stitching into you mixed-media art as she demonstrates on this charming house collage. Explore techniques for image transfers on fabric, painting, and personal mark making, with lessons on composition. Take the helpful lessons you learn in this workshop and apply them to all aspects of your mixed-media art!
In Sewn Collage Classroom: 15 Techniques for Paper & Fabric you will find:
- Tips for matching and layering fabrics and paper for dimension
- Ideas for displaying your collage in creative ways
- Instruction for creating a pleasing composition and adding unique design elements that make this collage truly one-of-a-kind.
- 60 minutes of premier workshop instruction
Watch a preview now!
To get the most of Kristen Robinson’s instruction, check out these video workshops:
Sewn Collage Classroom: 15 Techniques for Paper & Fabric Companion Guide
Tear, Glue, Paint Draw: 16 Techniques for Creating Collage Art
Tear, Glue, Paint Draw: 16 Techniques for Creating Collage Art Companion Guide
Upcycled Art Journaling: Layered and Tattered Techniques
Upcycled Art Journaling: Layered and Tattered Techniques Companion Guide
Assemblage Workshop: Techniques for Using Paperclay and Plaster
Assemblage Workshop: Techniques for Using Paperclay and Plaster Companion Guide
About the Author
Kristen Robinson is the author of Explore Mixed Media Collage, Making Etched Metal Jewelry and Tales of Adornment. In addition, Kristen is the designer of the Rue Romantique bezel collection as well as an artist-on-staff for an array of industry publications. To learn more about her art and life visit KristenRobinson.net.
- 1” Flat Paint Brush - Princeton or foam brush
- 3 Buttons - Thread if not vintage or antique
- Book Text
- Creme Thread
- Cutting Mat
- Embroidery Floss - DMC 5 Red
- Embroidery Needle
- Multi - Purpose Cloth - Roclon
- Unbleached Muslin - Roclon
- Red and White Polka Dot Fabric
- Assorted Fabric Scraps
- Background and Stand Alone Pieces
- Middle Layers
- Top Fabric Layers
- Side Blocks
- Scrap from cutting small heart or die cut
- Top Fabric Layers (on top of polka dot fabric)
- Fabric Glue
- Gel Medium - Golden
- Ink Pad - Brushed Corduroy Ranger
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Red Thread
- Ruler or Straight Edge
- Sewing Machine
- White Acrylic Paint - Liquitex
- Ribbon or seam binding
- Rotary Cutter
- Heart Die Cut - Sizzix
- Needle and Thread in place of Sewing Machine
- Heat Gun
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.