BurdaStyle Pattern Modification and Drafting Technique Collection Bundle
Price as configured: $49.99 Regular Price: $69.98
Take a look at everything you get in these two great kits. 6 videos, 2 web seminars, and basic patterns for a bodice, sleeve, skirt, and trousers!
Pattern Making: How to Modify Pattern Styles
Web Seminar download
In this web seminar recording, Meg Healy takes you through pattern making processes of adding and removing style lines, moving darts, and adding fullness. You’ll also learn to replace darts with pleats, add three kinds of pockets, alter a neckline, draft facings, and draft basic collars.
Technique Video: Adjusting the Bust Size of a Pattern
This video shows you how to decrease and increase the bust size of your bodice pattern. Learn to adjust the cup size down to an A or up to a DD without compromising the fit of the waist and shoulders.
Technique Video: Drafting Facings
Give your necklines and armholes a clean, professional finish by drafting your own facings.
Technique Video: Sewing the Perfect Dart
So much of garment fitting depends on darts. Learn to make yours smooth and even every time with this video by LoveSewing’s Denise Wild.
Sewing Pattern: the Essential Bodice
Practice dart techniques and adjusting the bust with this bodice pattern.
Sewing Pattern: the Essential Skirt
Practice gathers, pleats and pockets with this skirt pattern.
Web Seminar: Pattern Drafting
Learn how to draft your own personal bodice and skirt slopers with Meg Healy. You'll have the foundation to design any pattern you want! See the easing process, how to measure, and how to use your new slopers.
Technique Video: How to Draft and Sew an Attached Neck Bow
Leave lackluster necklines behind with this video. You'll learn to draft a darling collar treatment for any blouse pattern or top.
Technique Video: How to Draft a Circle Skirt
Draft circle skirts with ease and precision every time. You can sew it on to a bodice pattern you love or wear alone.
Technique Video: Adding Gathers to a Pattern
Learn to add ruching to the sides of a pattern or gathers to a pattern yoke. It's so easy with this video!
Sewing Pattern: Basic Sleeve
Draft your own shirts and sleeved dresses with this essential sleeve pattern.
Sewing Pattern: Basic Trousers
Practice drafting pockets and pattern mods like ankle zips on this basic trouser pattern.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.