Shape Up Your Sewing: Top 10 Easy Fit Fixes with Joi Mahon Video Download
Do you want successful results in your sewing when it comes to fitting? Have you taken every fit class and read every book, but still are not satisfied with the results? A lot of information is based on outdated methods that really Don't apply to body types of today.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Do you want successful results in your sewing when it comes to fitting? Have you taken every fit class and read every book, but still are not satisfied with the results? A lot of information is based on outdated methods that really Don't apply to body types of today. It is common for new sewists to seek out fitting information and to be unsure what advice to take to heart, or for a seasoned sewists returning to garment sewing only to find that how they sewed and fitted years ago does not work for their current body. Fit is not about memorizing textbook pattern adjustments for standard patterns because the body changes as does our fitting needs and application. Fit is all about you. It is all about each unique body and understanding the needed steps that go into fitting, the order of fitting a garment, and learning how to address body variations so you can achieve the perfect fit.
Designer Joi Mahon has been fitting garments on customers for over 25 years. Join Joi as she shares the fitting protocol that she follows with each custom fitting client. She will teach you how to address a pattern that does not match your body. Learn why you should make a fitting sample and how to refine fit when there are adjustments to make to the muslin. You will learn how to enjoy fitting and look at it as part of the overall process of creating a perfect fitting garment. Joi will also show you her tried and true method for fitting sleeves which is not standard textbook pattern adjustments. You have a unique body and are completely different from a generic pattern adjustment. Joi teaches fit a little different than most, but it is real and tested. This is not just a standard fitting on-demand webinar, but easy fixes for successful fit.
What You'll Learn:
- Easy tips and tricks to address almost all fitting issues
- How to approach any pattern for successful results
- Learn how to make a fit sample quickly and efficiently. What is really necessary and what is not.
- Learn a "fitting eye". Avoid feeling overwhelmed when fitting. Instead learn how to approach muslin fitting
- Learn the basic tools needed that all sewers have
- Learn to master common sleeve issues that arise when sewing and Joi's tips for fuller upper arms
- Learn how to address the lower body, narrow shoulders and more.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.