Sewing Tips + Tricks with Tricia Waddell DVD
Learn the sewing tips and tricks that give your projects a professional look and a designer's touch. Sew along with Stitch magazine editor in chief, Tricia Waddell and project editor, Katrina Loving as they demonstrate easy construction and embellishment techniques, along with fun projects that allow for lots of personalization so you can sew like a designer. Whether you are a beginner that wants step-by-step instruction, or an experienced sewist looking for inspiring design ideas, you'll find great sewing tips to add to your repertoire.
- Simple construction tips that will ensure your garments fit well including staystitching, understitching, darts, and more.
- Embellishment techniques that can be applied to store-bought items or projects sewn from scratch including applique, bead embroidery, and hand embroidery.
- Unique projects that are easy to make yet allow for your own customization, including a silk scarf, sweater makeover, and ideas for sewing your own garment labels.
If you are looking to increase your sewing expertise and get more creative with your projects, Sewing Tips + Tricks with Tricia Waddell is the DVD for you!
- Wrong Title For Sure
- A more appropriate title for this DVD would be something like "customize your garments" or "get crafty with your sewing machine." You will learn how to cut up T-shirts and decorate them, do hand embroidery on fabric with thread and beads, make a scarf of cut-up silk squares. Frankly, I was hoping for more of the first episode which included sewing darts, top stitching, stay-stitching and under-stitching seams. I wanted helpful hints for garment sewing, but only got a tiny bit of that. The rest of the DVD was really not that but rather projects for those who want something other than off-the-rack clothing. I was disappointed because the title was misleading. The quality of the teaching and DVD was good - although I did have a bit of difficulty getting the lessons to start up. (I had to play around with clicking, Enter, and restarting the DVD. I'm not sure what actually worked, but Enter was a player.) (Posted on 4/6/2014)
- Sewing Tips DVD
- I pre-ordered this DVD and based on the preview I just watched, I can't wait to get this home. Clear, concise instruction and tips from a pro. Beginner and seasoned sewist will all get something from this. (Posted on 6/28/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.