Sew Your Own 5-Piece Knit Wear Collection Kit
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Sew Your Own 5-Piece Knit Wear Collection Kit
This kit is designed to prepare you and give you all the tools to make your own 5-piece knit wear collection that you'll want to wear and remake (in different knit colors) time and time again. Including are 5 sewing patterns meant to be sewn in knit fabric, and we of course have chosen the most popular, essential, and stylish knit patterns for you to create your collection with.
Along with the sewing patterns, an on-demand web seminar will guide you through the do's and don’ts of working with knit fabrics. To top it off this kit always includes two great videos demonstrating techniques that will help you further incorporate other patterns into your knit wear collection and how to best finish served edges (which are very common in knit sewing) so they don't unravel.
This kit will get you to that sewing place that will enable you to conquer your fears and worries about sewing with knit fabrics! And if you are already a pro at working with knits, this kit will contain 5 of the best knit patterns that you can make along with techniques that you may not know. Get your copy and start making clothes that you will love to wear!
Learn more about what is included:
Totally basic and totally essential. This is the round neck tank top that goes with anything for the summer. Throw it on with cutoff shorts, layer it under a denim jacket, or tuck it into a printed skirt.
Sometimes you can just enjoy doing nothing – with this comfy mini-dress of fine jersey it’s no problem! It’s so easy to make with only two side seams, two shoulder seams and no fastening. The details are delightful – like the oval V-neckline and the dropped shoulders.
Floral Elastic Pants
Lounge around these floral jersey pants with a wide elastic waistband. With a relaxed fit and cuffed ankle hems, these pants are perfect for an easy brunch or a day on the couch. This is a super easy make for a weekend or a beginner.
Jersey Wrap Dress
Show off the wrap silhouette with striped jersey fabric. This casual dress is easy to fit and flatters most figures with a V neckline and tie at the hip. It’s comfortable and cute, just right for a day on the boat.
Two in One Cap Sleeve
Sew two shirts in one with this long sleeved tee with mock puffed sleeves. It’s a fun twist on a casual jersey tee. Make it even more special with sparkly lamé jersey.
5 Ways to Finish a Serged Seam
Do you want that professional look on your serged seams? In this video tutorial, Denise demonstrates 5 different ways to finish a serged seam. Since you can’t backstitch on a serger, these techniques will give you professional-looking, tidy finishes that won’t unravel. Sewing knits and sergers go hand in hand, so this video is essential.
How to Accomodate Your Pattern for Stretch Fabrics
In this video tutorial, Meg demonstrates basic pattern modifications you’ll need to make to a sewing pattern meant for woven or non-stretch fabrics in order to accommodate stretch fabrics. Not all patterns are made equal and you will have to do some modification to your pattern if it is meant to be sewn in woven fabric, but no need to fret the process is quite simple once you know the right reductions and technique. This video will allow you to take your already owned patterns and make them suitable for knits!
Sewing Knits for Everyone
This is a on-demand pre recurring of a live web seminar presented by Barbara Emodi. In this seminar you'll learn not to fear working with knit fabrics, and in the end actually enjoy them and will be excited to test out your knowledge on the 5 knit sewing pattern included in this kit. More specifically you will learn:
- The different types of knit fabric and the garments that suit them
- What ease means in knits and how to get the fit, and look, you want
- How to pre-treat, lay out, and cut into knits to make the most of these fabrics
- How to stitch perfect seams on any machine
- How to sew three different easy treatments for round necklines and how to add them to any pattern
- How to sew the easiest finish for a V neckline and how to add a V neck to a pattern with a standard round neck
- How to sew three different kinds of knit hem
Don't wait, claim your collection today!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.