Photo Play DVD
Seth Apter will demonstrate how he likes to print off photos, remove parts of the photo with emulsion, then add his own mixed media flair to it with inks and paints before finally collaging with his creations!
Do you have hundreds of photos on your cell phone or in a box in your closet but don’t know what to do with them? Print them off and pull them out because in Seth Apter’s Photo Play workshop, he’ll teach you, and student Amy Jones, how to alter the photos by hand for use in your mixed-media art. Begin by learning subtractive techniques to remove the photo emulsion and creating texture or pattern. Then, move on the additive techniques where you’ll experiment by adding color with watercolor paint, dye inks, water-reactive markers and pens. After you’ve altered your photos, Seth will show you how to use and alter die-cuts to create frames and multi-layered art journal pages where your photo is the center of attention.
In this video you’ll:
- Get ideas for using die-cuts as frames and collage layers.
- Includes tips for using photos at the beginning or end of a journal spread.
- Enjoy 91 minutes of expert workshop instruction.
Watch a preview of this video here now!
About the Artist
Seth Apter is a mixed media artist, instructor, author and designer from New York City. He is the voice behind The Pulse, a series of international, collaborative projects that are the basis of his two books The Pulse of Mixed Media and The Mixed-Media Artist, both published by North Light Books. He is an instructor at Pratt Institute in NYC and has taught throughout the United States, Mexico, Australia and the UK. Seth has a mixed media line with Spellbinders Paper Arts, a stencil line with StencilGirl Products and a stamp line with Impression Obsession. He is a member of CHA and a columnist for Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. Visit Seth at his website, SethApter.com.
- Art Journal
- Assorted photos on glossy paper, black and white or color images are fine
- Painted Papers
- Assorted gel pens
- Ranger Distress Ink dye ink pads
- Tombow water-based brush pens
- Watercolor paints
Other Tools and Supplies
- Assorted Spellbinders Shapeabilities by Seth Apter dies including: Coffee Ring, Drip Drop, Robo Bar, Robo Square
- Craft or makeup sponges
- Mini mister
- Permanent glue stick
- Rubbing plates or other textured objects
- Sandpaper (fine or medium grit)
- Spellbinders Platinum Die Cutting machine
- Water brush
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.