Card Play DVD
Build up layer after layer of creativity onto several cards to create small works of art that can be assembled to create fun art journaling pages which can assemble into your own journal with no fuss!
You’re only one layer away from magic!
Truer words have never been spoken, as you’ll see in this new workshop from Seth Apter. In Card Play: Mixed Media Techniques for Small Works of Art, Seth demonstrates how to take a simple deck of cards and turn it into a stunning year-long art journal. He’ll take you, and student Cherie Haas, through the process of preparing the cards and adding layer after layer of paint and ink. You’ll learn how to embellish one side of the cards using stamps, stencils, embossed wallpaper and more to create textured layers as the basis for small collages. Then, use the other side of the card for your weekly journaling, whether it’s about a new technique, your mood, your travels or on a theme. This fun and exciting workshop will make it easy for you to journal throughout the year!
In this video you’ll:
- Create your own no-sew handmade journal.
- Get numerous ideas for creative journal themes.
- Enjoy 96 minutes of in-depth workshop instruction.
Watch a preview of this video here now!
About the Artist
Seth Apter is a mixed media artist, instructor, author and designer from New York City. He is the voice behind The Pulse, a series of international, collaborative projects that are the basis of his two books The Pulse of Mixed Media and The Mixed-Media Artist, both published by North Light Books. He is an instructor at Pratt Institute in NYC and has taught throughout the United States, Mexico, Australia and the UK. Seth has a mixed media line with Spellbinders Paper Arts, a stencil line with StencilGirl Products and a stamp line with Impression Obsession. He is a member of CHA and a columnist for Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. Visit Seth at his website, SethApter.com.
- Artist’s Trading Cards (optional)
- Deck of playing cards
- Assorted pens: gel pens, markers, paint pens, etc.
- Golden matte medium
- Imagine Crafts StazOn Midi ink pads
- Liquitex Black Gesso
- PaperArtsy Fresco Finish acrylic paint
Other Tools and Supplies
- Assorted rubber stamps including Seth’s from Impression Obsession and Spellbinders
- Assorted texture making materials- embossed wallpaper, needlepoint canvases, etc.
- Collage papers including hand painted paper
- Craft of makeup sponges
- Fabric strip approximately 2-3 feet long
- Mini mister
- Paint brushes (1/2” bristle or chip brush)
- Palette paper
- StencilGirl Products stencils by Seth: Text and Texture Discovery, Urban Insiders Star, Inside Out, Timeless, Past Present Future
- Washi tape
- Water container
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.