Seamless Crochet Techniques and Designs for Join-As-You-Go Motifs + DVD
Kristin Omdahl debuts her revolutionary, one-of-kind seamless motif joining crochet technique in Seamless Crochet. Traditional motif seaming techniques require crocheters to painstakingly sew together hundreds of seams and weave in countless ends. Not with Seamless Crochet! Innovative designer Kristin Omdahl has pioneered a new technique for crocheters of all skill levels to create motif-based patterns in one piece, eliminating seams and leaving only two ends to weave in. Kristin's brand-new modular construction allows one motif to flow into the next, creating secure joins and beautiful geometric patterning on the exterior round.
Inside you'll find a showcase of 18 garment, home decor, and accessory projects from Kristin that will change the way you crochet forever. From pillows to shawls to blankets, these projects will show you just how versatile and time-saving this "tail-free" construction method is. As a bonus, Seamless Crochet also includes a helpful instructional DVD of Kristin explaining all the details of her new crochet technique. You'll also find a motif directory of original crochet motif designs with Kristin's expert advice on how to adapt any motif-based pattern to her one-of-a-kind seamless technique.
Seamless Crochet will transform the way you approach every crocheted motif-based design, giving you professional crochet results in a fraction of the time.
|Number Of Pages||152|
- Great Book
- Love the variety of patterns ... And the useful dvd (Posted on 4/26/2016)
- Not worth purchasing
- I bought this on sale and still wouldn't pay for it again. Have been crocheting for many years and have always found something worth making in every book I've purchased....not in this one. Save your money, there are a lot of magazines, books and free downloads, you don't need to add this bulky magazine to your clutter in your house. Sorry. Thumbs down. (Posted on 4/18/2016)
- Really pleased
- Eager to start something (Posted on 6/15/2015)
- Looks good but not quite what I expected
- While the price for the book was phenomenal, I thought it would have instructions on how to do Jaygo for any motif, not just for their patterns, which most of are beyond my abilities at the moment. I think I meant to buy a different book or CD set that teaches you how to join any crocheting pieces by a different author, but this book looks great and I will find a time to use it and practice the motifs and jaygo instructions therein. I just hope I'm not too dumb! (Posted on 7/4/2014)
- interesting new technique
Sorry to write such a long review, but I'm very happy with this book and this technique. The author is a design genius!
I have crocheted for 10+ years, from afghans to doilies, and I have made many "experienced" and "advanced" projects. Honestly, until I very recently found this book, I was getting a little bored. There's not much I haven't done/can't do, and though I love the look of motifs, I HATE all those little ends. It seems no matter how many times I check over my project, I always find some that I missed. I also like to work on one continuous project. Motif patterns are pretty daunting to me; I mostly find them too tedious to find enjoyable. Occasionally I will find a pattern I think is worth starting, but end up getting irritated halfway through and quit.
So, this book sounded like a miracle!
I have just received it in the mail, and started on one of the trivets. I'm halfway through the pattern, and granted, it would have been much faster to just do the regular motif thing, but it's very interesting to work through the pattern. It's a whole new way of thinking, and it's just challenging enough to be interesting without being overwhelming. It's definitely worth the extra time to learn the process. Once you do a few rows, it really starts to make sense and go quickly.
I have not yet used the CD, because the directions are written so clearly. The book is actually much larger than I expected, with lots of full page photos and diagrams with each pattern. Before each pattern are the directions for how to make and use each motif, and tips on how to translate the motif into other projects. For example, you could make the trivet pattern into a throw or scarf.
There are also many pages of information on how to make your own seamless motifs from other, "normal" motif patterns. I think it will take me a while to understand how to translate the patterns into seamless patterns, but it's definitely a fun new techinique to try. I look forward to the challenge.
The only thing that is somewhat difficult at first, is to figure out how the diagrams relate to your work when you are left handed. I assume most people who would be interested in this book are used to the differences already, but just wanted to mention it. I didn't have this problem reading the written pattern-I only noticed it when looking at the stitch diagram, which is pretty unusual. Often times the written patterns are also right-hand oriented.
Though I wouldn't recommend this book for beginners, it's wonderful for advanced crocheters, and I'm sure someone with intermediate experience could pick it up quickly. Actually, if you haven't worked with motifs before, you may have the advantage!
And by the way, the price is a steal!
(Posted on 7/24/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.