Sculptural Metal Clay Jewelry with DVD Techniques + Explorations
Learn the art of metal clay from master teacher and jewelry artist, Kate McKinnon. Known for her signature style featuring sculptural forms, moving parts, and organic designs, she offers her metal-clay jewelry tips, tricks, and techniques in this detailed workshop-in-a-book featuring step-by-step photography, instruction, and a DVD of key techniques.
Sculpture Metal Clay Jewelry, begins with an overview of the properties of metal clay, including safety information and metalsmithing terms. Next, Kate offers detailed techniques for creating a variety of components, settings, findings, attachments, 3-D forms, and textured effects that are the foundation of her jewelry designs. All of the techniques are shown with step-by-step photography. For added instructional assistance, meet the author and see her techniques in action on the enclosed DVD. The technique section is followed by 10 unique projects that combine the foundation techniques with one-of-a kind design elements. Projects include three-dimensional rings, organic chain designs, metal clay, and bead pendants, and more. All the designs have components made from metal clay including the clasps, chain, and settings, moveable and removable pieces, unusual textures and patinas, unique construction and engineering, plus creative ways to incorporate beads. This book offers jewelry artists both the techniques and design inspiration needed to create gallery-level jewelry that is truly art to wear.
|Number Of Pages||160|
- Groundbreaking And A Game Changer
- I'm relatively new to metalsmithing (less than 2 years) and have felt that metal clay as a medium had potential but didn't (yet) have a place in serious metalsmithing, considering it a "shape & bake game" meant for people who weren't interested in real metalsmithing. Kate's approach and teachings have changed all of that. Her approach is based on good science and is absolutely a game changer. And as a scientist I found myself saying "now why didn't I think of that?". I've rushed to purchase every book and video available from this incredibly bright and talented artist/scientist and am happy now to include metal clay in my work without feeling that I'm "dummying down" on my craft. Quite the contrary. This is simple, straightforward yet groundbreaking stuff and I absolutely love it! (Posted on 8/11/2011)
- Scultural PMC...here I come!
- This book and dvd are wonderful! The book is beautifully clean and wonderfully written and animated! I love the author's teaching on the dvd! She doesn't treat u like a child and her tips and organizational tricks are spot on! She gives you what you need and not of what you don't! Some dvd's can make u "afraid" but she is the one who made me delve into this medium! Thanku for this great duo! (Posted on 1/13/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.