Metalsmith Essentials: Special Stone Settings: Saddle and Strap with Michael Boyd Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn two alternative ways to mount stones
- You want to learn stone cutting and polishing techniques you can use for any lapidary project
- You want to learn basic gemstone information applicable to all your jewelry designs
Mount your stones in saddles and straps
Take your jewelry to the next level with two artisan setting designs
Join expert metalsmith Michael Boyd for his video workshop that will teach you two alternative gemstone mounts: the saddle and the strap. Both gemstone settings allow for flat and round stones to be used in earrings, necklaces, and pendants. Begin by brushing up on your stone cutting and polishing skills so you can modify any stone to fit your needs. Next, dive into the saddle setting, where you will learn Michael's tips for cutting metal, drilling a hole through your stone, and finishing the setting with tube rivets. Finally, explore the strap setting, where you learn how to cut into your stone and polish for a clean finish, and create a workable bail. Discover the design possibilities at your fingertips with these alternative setting techniques.
Order or instantly download your copy of this workshop video today to:
- Rethink how you use stones in your jewelry with these flexible setting techniques.
- Learn stone cutting processes that will enable you to go from slab to beautiful gemstone.
- Learn alternative methods for working with large stone setting machinery so you can complete the same tasks at your small-scale workbench.
- Get helpful tips for carving into your stones and expertly polishing them with Michael's wealth of stone cutting knowledge.
- Discover Michael's trick for balling wire next to your stone with success.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Michael Boyd is a progressive and innovative jeweler who uses unusual, rare, and traditional materials in his work. His background as a painter and colorist combines with his ability as a stone cutter to define both form and structure in his work. With stone as a medium, Michael blends and integrates these materials with precious metal in a bold, signature style. He is on the editorial board of and a frequent contributor to Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and is a two-time Saul Bell Design Award winner and a member of the American Jewelry Design Council. His work appears in nationally acclaimed craft shows and private and museum collections; to see it, visit www.michaelboyd.com. Learn additional stone setting and cutting tips from Michael with his other two video workshops: Stone on Stone Setting with Michael Boyd and Basic Cabochon Cutting for Jewelry Makers.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Metalsmithing, Stone Setting|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.