Romantic Gloves to Knit Kit
The history of gloves has a long and rich tale of romance and chivalry. Gloves have played an important role in religion, business deals, and were often seen as a symbol of romance and loyalty. Nancy Bush’s Romantic Gloves to Knit are elegant and rich in history. Make these gloves for yourself or give them as a token to your favorite person!
Included in this kit:
PieceWork May/June 2000
Discover the symbolism of gloves. Enjoy friendship quilts, which were made to commemorate friends and loves ones and were often the only record of the maker’s life. Admire beaded watch chains of the 1830s, which were often covered with names, symbols, and mottos.
With this issue, you can knit a pair of romantic gloves adapted by Nancy Bush, make a friendship quilt block, bead your own watch chain and make a greeting card with huck embroidery!
Romantic Gloves to Knit Pattern
by Nancy Bush
Included in PieceWork May/June 2000
These romantic gloves have been adapted from the 1565 Sture Glove. Originally knitted with gold thread and colored silk, the Sture Glove was thought to be a token of love from Princess Sofia of Sweden to her fiancé Sten Svantesson Sture, a young soldier who died in a battle.
Nancy Bush included the "rings," as seen on the original design, but they are optional. You can make these elegant gloves for yourself or give them as a token of love!
To fit a woman’s hand, size medium; about 8 inches (20.3 cm) around and 10 inches (25.4 cm) long.
Each kit contains:
- 2 skeins of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport yarn in N91 Aran
- 1 skein of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport yarn in N42 Royal Purple
- 1 skein of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport yarn in 156 Irish Shamrock
- 1 Skein of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport yarn in 308 Sunburst Gold
Brown Sheep 3-ply Sport yarn is 100% wool and is 184 yd (50 g) per skein.
*Colors may vary from what is pictured here.
Order the Romantic Gloves to Knit Kit today!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.