Ragtime Remix Weaving Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Lots of us have some carpet warp in our stash, and many of us also have a stash of cotton fabrics we don’t know what to do with. Here is the basic recipe for using both. Carol Reinhold’s method of blending the fabric colors in the weft for smooth transitions is worth studying and then applying to your own stash. Expand the threading and warp length to weave rag rugs, just be sure you either add wider headers for hemming or enough unwoven warp for twisting fringe.
Included with download:
- Ragtime Remix pattern PDF
- Ragtime Remix WIF
- WIF Frequently Asked Questions PDF
Warp: 8/4 carpet warp (1,600 yd/lb; Maysville), 1 or more colors that coordinate with weft fabrics, 426 yd total.
Weft: 8/4 carpet warp (1,600 yd/lb; Maysville), 20 yd in a coordinating color for hems; 1¼" strips of 5 cotton batik fabrics, total of about 180 yd, about 5 yd of 42–44" wide fabric: fabrics A, B, C, and D, 33 yd each; fabric E, 44 yd. (These yardages are approximate and will vary due to weight of fabric chosen and color placement decisions by the weaver.)
Equipment: 4-shaft loom, 14" weaving width; 10-dent reed; 1 ski shuttle, 1 bobbin.
Warp Length: 142 ends 3 yd long (allows 4" for take-up, 24" for loom waste; loom waste includes fringe).
Setts: EPI: 10 (1/dent in a 10-dent reed). PPI: 7½.
Width in the Reed: 14".
Woven Length: 80".
Finished size after washing: 4 mats 12½" x 17" with 1½" fringe at each end.
Originally Published: Handwoven, January/February 2015.
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
For United States customers:
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.