Quilting Arts Workshop: Surface Design Essentials for the Printed Quilt Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to create custom prints using paints, photos, and more!
- You want to add cyanotype printing, heliographic sun prints, Thermofax®, and collagraph printing techniques in your art quilts.
- You want to learn how to incorporate custom prints into to your art quilts using block arrangements and echo quilting.
Transform prints, paints, and photos into vibrant art quilts with Sue Reno
Join award-winning quilter and surface design expert Sue Reno for this Quilting Arts Workshop™ video dedicated to teaching you best practices for altering your fabric using for distinct surface design techniques. Follow along and learn how to use paints, dyes, and chemicals to add custom images, prints, and botanical shapes to your fabrics.
Begin by exploring cyanotype and how to create crisp custom blue-and-white patterns with this technique. Want more color and variation? Try your hand at making heliographic sun prints using paint and plant specimens. Sue demonstrates how to add interest to quilt designs with Thermofax® and collagraph printing techniques with stunning examples of each.
Order your copy of this Quilting Arts Workshop today to:
- Explore four different print making techniques that will yield unique and striking prints.
- Get an in-depth demonstration of the printing methods and materials, along with detailed directions.
- Learn how to incorporate the printed fabrics into your art quilts, with Sue's vibrant examples.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Sue Reno is an award-winning fiber artist who lives and works in Lancaster County, PA. Her rich and intricate art quilts reflect her local environment and incorporate imagery drawn from her studies of botany, wildlife, historic architecture, and the Susquehanna River. Sue's artwork has been exhibited in national and international venues, featured in many fine craft publications, and hung in numerous museums. Her career includes lecturing on the creative process and serving as a juror for fine craft and quilt exhibitions.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Great video
- I loved this video. Sue takes you through several surface design techniques that can be used by the novice quilter on up to more advanced quilters who have no experience with these techniques. I am new to art quilting but after watching this video I won't be for long. I can't wait to try out all of the techniques Sue covered. Her instructions were clear and concise, so easy to follow. Sue has a great demeanour and is enthusiastic about her subject matter. I would love to watch more videos hosted by Sue. She teaches each process and provides examples of these in her work solidifying the ways in which each method could contribute to your own art work. (Posted on 7/26/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.