Product Placement Do's & Don's: Getting Your Jewelry on TV, Movies & Celebrities On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist contributing writer Cathleen McCarthy for her web seminar dedicated to teaching must-know tips for getting your jewelry in popular TV shows and movies. Learn important steps to the big (and small) screen, discover tools and techniques that will get you on the radar of folks who outfit the stars, learn what works and what doesn't when it comes to jewelry product placement, and more. Grow your jewelry business with these innovative ideas for putting your jewelry in front of thousands of people.
In this web seminar you'll learn how to:
- Replicate the success of designers who routinely land their jewelry designs on TV and movies.
- Build relationships with celebrity stylists.
- Work with product placement agencies that specialize in jewelry.
- Identify shows and characters that are a fit for your designs.
- Track and promote public appearances of your jewelry with screenshots.
- Share your successes on social media, and use viral images to help grow your business.
- And more!
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Do Not Bother
From the title you get the impression that this will relay some real pearls of wisdom. You expect some sort of insider knowledge on how to get your jewelry seen, this is not the case. The video is about 1 hr. long and it seems as if 53 min. are devoted to Luprocks. The problem is, if you have ever given product placement any kind of consideration Luprocks is already on your radar. To add insult to injury (or perhaps this video is just very old) the person speaking gives incorrect information on being able to pay monthly to "try out" a Luprocks subscription for 6 months. Luprocks offers subscriptions from $1200 -$12,00 per year paid in advance. Which is fine, if you can afford to take a chance on something that is NOT guaranteed to get your items placed and that is the route you want to take. However, this video says NOTHING about any other avenue of getting exposure for your brand. This "seminar" consists of 5-8 slides that lay stagnant far too long and hold little interest.
It is clear the speaker is friends with the owner of Luprocks and she is mentioned numerous times. They even did some sort of Twitter event right after taping. This should have been called what it is which are the Do's and Dont's of Luprocks.
Do yourself a favor and spend ten minutes online researching product placement or go to the Luprocks website and read about what they do first hand. It will save you $10!
Really disappointed with every aspect of this seminar. (Posted on 12/1/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.