Pricing to Sell: Effective Pricing for your Fiber Arts Business
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Pricing to Sell: Effective pricing for your Fiber Arts Business
with Deb Essen
Web Seminar Download
Join Deb Essen as she discusses how to price your weaving effectively to sell it.
Learn how to price your art at a price that is fair to both you and your customer. Almost every artist I meet, when asked how they arrive at a price for their piece, admits they kind of pull it from the air, or some other less flattering place. No more! Whether you are looking to sell your work for part-time or for full time income, this webinar is designed to set you off on the right path to a successful life as a working artist.
Pricing is more than setting a monetary amount that “feels right”—pricing is also about identifying your market, creating a product line, reflects the value of the piece, and making sure that you are fairly compensated for your talents! This webinar will teach you the elements involved in pricing your art, how to accurately calculate that price, how to stand tall behind that price, and make a living doing what you love.
For a long time I dibbled, dabbled, and dreamed of selling my art as a business. Selling my art was so different than other businesses I’d done—it felt so personal! In 2010, I got serious and took an intensive 6 month course on the business side of art, changed many bad habits, and gained the confidence to sell my art by learning how to sell my art. Now, I teach other artists what I’ve learned through experience and training.
What you'll learn:
- The Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of pricing your art
- Wholesale vs. Retail pricing
- Calculating price based on solid, identifiable costs and profits
- Creating a product line
- Pricing for custom, commissioned pieces
- Who should download:
- Anyone who wants to make income from their artistic talents—be it at the once-a-year guild sale, part-time through a shop on Etsy or shows, or full time as your sole income source.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to fairly, realistically price their work -- both for themselves and the customer
About the instructor:
Deb Essen has been self-employed since 1989 in professions ranging from free-lance film work to running a phone company with her husband, Marty. In 2010, she decided to get serious about creating a business from her weaving and took an intensive 6 month course through the Montana Arts Council called the Montana Artrepreneurship Program on the business side of art. She completed the course and achieved artist certification. In 2011, she was selected to be a certified coach/teacher for the Montana Artpreneurship Program and has been teaching the business side of art ever since. As a weaver, Deb achieved the Certificate of Excellence in Handweaving, Level 1 from the Handweavers Guild of America in 2004 and in 2011 was inducted into the Montana Circle of American Masters in Folk and Traditional Art. She lives, weaves and runs her business, dje handwovens, in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana.
Download Pricing to Sell Web Seminar today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Excellent seminar
- Wonderful, concise summary of pricing strategies and considerations for anyone who wishes to sell their creations. Plenty to think about, particularly her discussion of wholesale vs retail pricing. (Posted on 4/11/2015)
- Excellent Eye Opening information
Deb Essen explains pricing for any crafter who wants to sell in wholesale or retail venues, even those who only want to sell at guild meetings to so they can continue to feed their habit so everyone involved is charging comparable prices.
The seminar takes the guesswork out of the equation (time yourself) and stresses the importance of adding overhead and profit to time and materials. Highly recommended. Looking forward to the next 2 in the series.
(Posted on 4/3/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.