Poetic Crochet eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Wrap yourself in gorgeous crochet shawls inspired by the lyrical words of classic poetry with the 20 stunning designs shared in Poetic Crochet. Lace together the simplest of stitches to create a romantic collection wraps and shawls that soon will become a timeless staple in your crochet wardrobe.
When creating the captivating, wearable collection of shawls, wraps, and stoles found in Poetic Crochet, you’ll explore a variety of shawl shapes, construction techniques, borders, and edgings. Learn from author Sara Kay Hartmann which fibers that work best in shawl making, how to play with gauge when crocheting shawls, how to achieve a beautiful drape, and more.
The patterns in Poetic Crochet have been designed to showcase the simple sophistication that’s achievable with the most basic of stitches. So, you won’t need any special technique knowledge to recreate these inspired pieces. No matter your skill level, beginner to advanced, you’ll find something rewarding—and poetic—in this collection of 20 projects.
About the Author
Sara Kay Hartmann has contributed to Interweave Crochet, Interweave Crochet Accessories, Fast Crochet Hats (Interweave 2013), Crochet One-Skein Wonders (Storey 2013), and others. Find out more at sarakayknitandcrochet.com.
|File/Trim Size||58.4 MB|
|Author/Designer||Sara Kay Hartmann|
- Tech edit please
- Poetic Crochet
- This is a very beautiful book. The way the models were dressed enhanced the shawls and left you wanting to make almost everyone in the book. I find the patterns easy to follow with tip and hints I find it so helpful having the schematic and layout too. I teach crochet and own most all the books on the market. This is one of my favorite pattern books. Thank you Interweave for your great job in keeping crochet moving forward. (Posted on 9/27/2016)
- Every shawl is elegant. Patterns are well written with detailed explanations. The photos are exquisite. Highly recommend this book. The only problem I have is which shawl to make first! (Posted on 9/5/2016)
- Poetic is correct in naming these patterns
- As a woman whom who thinks a drape of fabric shows off our sophistication, these wraps and shawls are just the right thing.. Perfect for anyone whom crochets no matter what ever your skill level is. Enjoy yourself as much as I have. (Posted on 1/5/2016)
- Love the two shawls I've made
- I made Skylark and it turned out beautifully. Orisons is almost finished and will equally beautiful. The written instructions are good and the drawings are incredibly valuable. I was able to memorize the patterns quickly so they worked up quickly. In the entire book there is probably only one pattern I won't make at some point. It's a great collection. (Posted on 1/1/2016)
- Eye-catching crochet shawls
- I am an advanced Crocheter, and I have been busy with Christmas gifts, as with most of us. I have yet to try my hand at these beautiful shawls. I plan to make every one of them. They are eye-catching! Thank you for sharing this wonderful e-book. I had no problem with the download. (Posted on 12/29/2015)
- Beautiful patterns, but takes time and patience.
I was really excited to buy this ebook because a variety of yarn weights are used, and I love how interesting each shawl is. I also like that there are a variety of shapes.
So far I have made one shawl, the Spring Dream, and started on another, Starry Skies. I've run into a couple of problems, however. For one thing, these patterns seem to assume much looser tension than I typically use. I usually don't have big gauge problems, but for these patterns, even when I block to the maximum of the stretch in the material, I still have to go up about two hook sizes to come close to what is expected.
In doing Starry Skies, I also find the pattern a little confusing. You start with a square, and after 6 rows, you are supposed to repeat the last three rows with repetitions. But if you repeat the pattern as written, it seems as if that would change how you start/end each row, since now the corner motifs would be in the center of each edge of the square, too. It would've been really helpful if the schematic included had shown the first repeated set, so that we could understand exactly how we are meant to adapt the repeats.
I haven't tackled any of the other patterns yet, but this is one book where there are so many beautiful designs, I could be happy making any of them. So I'm sure I'll enjoy this for a long time to come, even if I struggle with some of the patterns. (Posted on 9/20/2015)
- I haven't started anything yet, but these are absolutely beautiful shawls. I will be starting one for my daughter for her wedding, soon. After that, there are several more that I will be making. (Posted on 9/11/2015)
- What a delicious book, full of wonderfully designed shawls. It's like being a kid in a candy shop! If you love to crochet and love shawls, you will never, ever regret buying this eBook. Some absolutely lovely creations! (Posted on 9/4/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.