PieceWork, September/October 2013 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Celebrate PieceWork Magazine’s 20th Anniversary with the September/October 2013 Issue!
This issue of PieceWork features a variety of needlework patterns and stories focused on bags. From time-honored treasure bags to Turkish purses, there is a rich and wide history that surrounds these accessories.
The feature articles of this issue explore a variety of cultures and times, taking you on a historical journey through needlework:
- Veronica Patterson shares some of her treasured bags from around the world, such as a Hmong bag, a Japanese Indigo-Dyed bag, a Chirimen bag, and more.
- Learn about the origins of the alms purse in eighteenth-century France.
- Discover the beauty of Nordic waist purses incorporating intricate embroidery and learn about their practicality for women.
- Sleuth your way through the mystery of the Iklé fragment, a piece of cloth that was thought to be the first piece of knitting but is now known as nålbinding.
- Learn about the charity fairs that were held during the American Civil War to help support the troops and included plenty of fancywork from the local women.
- Donna Druchunas dives into the world of Turkish purses while discussing a little golden coin purse she found at a local antique store.
- Discover the Gawthorpe Textiles Collection, amassed by Miss Rachel Kay-Shuttleworth who turned her ancestral home into a craft house to keep textile skills and techniques alive and the redisplay of the original collection in 2012.
- Experience the traditions and the art of the aboriginal peoples in Canada who call themselves People of the First Nations and learn about the traditional button bag.
Recreate history and keep the traditions alive with 9 needlework projects based on the feature articles!
Included in this issue are projects for:
- An Alms purse to embroider
- A Scandinavian tinder pouch to knit
- A bead-crochet purse adapted from Addie E. Heron’s Fancy Work for Pleasure and Profit
- A bag with Iklé birds to knit
- A pouch based on the Iklé Fragment to nålbind
- A charity purse to crochet
- A Turkish Purse to knit
- And a Pacific-Northwest Coast First Nations-Style Button Bag to make.
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.