PieceWork 1993-1994 Collection on CD
Discover the first nine issues of PieceWork magazine, exactly as they were printed in 1993 and 1994!
Here’s a look at the needlework techniques, needlework patterns, stories behind the history, and more that you will find in these issues:
PieceWork March/April 1993—Explore the premier issue featuring embroidery, pine needle basketry and a reticule to knit.
PieceWork September/October 1993—This issue focuses on linear embroidery from England, Turkish knitting, twined rag rugs, and Athapaskan beadwork.
PieceWork November/December 1993—Discover global and ethnic traditions, from Amish and Hmong needlework, the Hispanic embroidery known as colcha, traditional Japanese thread balls, and a primer on tatting.
PieceWork January/February 1994—With this issue discover embroidered quilts of Bengal, learn the importance of woman’s embroidered caps in Slovakia, see the restoration of a Yoruba headdress, and more.
PieceWork March/April 1994—In this issue discover net embroidery, learn about lace knitting from the Shetlands, crochet Victorian buttons, find bead cloth from Zalipie, Poland, and more.
PieceWork May/June 1994—This issue explores Ukrainian embroidery, beaded bags from the Civil War era, Flemish bobbin tape lace, rickrack, and more.
PieceWork July/August 1994—This issue features Hawaiian quilt traditions, a look at the silk industry in Utah, smocking traditions and techniques, a straw hat to braid, and more.
PieceWork September/October 1994—The focus of this issue is blue from indigo dyeing to blue printing, discover Japanese, Slovakian, Hungarian, Cornish, and Nigerian traditions of blue.
PieceWork November/December 1994—This issue features Shisha embroidery, sweet grass baskets, Ojibwe quill work, Mola appliqué of Panama, and Japanese chiriman bags.
As with all our PieceWork Collections, you get needlework inspiration at your fingertips. You can get this Collection as either a CD or Download. Just look at the advantages:
- Browse each issue quickly with a time-saving electronic index.
- Search keywords such as popular needlework designers and instructors, needlework techniques, products or equipment.
- These Collections take up less space than print issues and won’t wear or tear.
- Save money when you get a whole collection of PieceWork magazine than if you got the print issues individually.
Don't miss out on nine out-of-print issues of PieceWork, including the premier issue! Get your copy of the PieceWork 1993-1994 Collection today!
These issues were scanned from the original print issues
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.