Photographing Your Projects Like a Pro
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Tips and tricks for taking professional quality photos of handcrafted items
web seminar with Jason Mullett-Bowlsby from the Shibaguyz Designz
You’ve worked for hours on your handmade creation; whether it’s a crochet cardi, a beaded necklace, or a ship in a bottle. Of course you are going to want to show it off to your friends on Facebook or maybe sell it on Etsy or eBay. You know you need really good photos… photos that show the detail of your handiwork. Here’s the problem: You aren't a professional photographer, nor do you don’t have the time or funds to hire one… GAH! What's a person to do?
No worries! Jason is here to help you take the kind of photos you’ve tried for ages to capture. He’ll teach you in easy, step-by-step instructions how to get the right exposure using any camera. You’ll learn the tricks to using inexpensive, and sometimes free, light modifiers to get the perfect soft glowing light in all the right spots.
With Jason's help, you'll learn what kind of angles will really show off that knitted sweater on your model, or your table runner. He will even go through a quick and easy photo touchup how-to using free software available online. With Jason's pro secrets you will have all the tools you need for taking professional looking photos right in your own home.
What you'll learn in this web seminar:
• “What are all these buttons?” The basics of working your camera
• The 3 things you need to know to get a perfect exposure every time
• How to use light modifiers to get professional results
• What type and time of day provides the best light
• How to use a lightbox setup to show off small items like jewelry and beadwork
• Tips for using your space to photograph larger items like clothing, quilts, furniture, pottery, and artwork
• Photographing fiber – Special tips just for photographing crochet and knit items
• Basic photo touchups utilizing free, easy to use, software
• Tips for sizing your photos to sell your items online
Who should attend?
• Makers who want to show off their work through professional looking photography without breaking the bank.
• Independent professional designers who need to take great photos of their work for websites and online sales.
• Artists who are unhappy with paying big fees for so-so photos that don't show their work in the best light possible.
• Anyone with a camera who wants to take professional looking photos at home but is afraid of the cost, space, and time commitment.
About the instructor:
Jason Mullett-Bowlsby is one-half of the design team known as The Shibaguyz with their businesses Shibaguyz Photography and Shibaguyz Designz. Jason is a fashion, commercial, and portrait photographer whose work can be seen in the collections of independent designers as well as in books from major craft publishers like Leisure Arts, Creative Publishing, and Lark Publishing.
A dedicated instructor, Jason is passionate about teaching aspiring photographers, designers, and makers how to get the most out of their photography through one-on-one instruction as well as classes and online seminars. One of his favorite gigs as a photographer is at local and national dog shows; where he has been invited to photograph at such prestigious organizations as the Seattle Kennel Club and the Westminster Kennel Club dog shows.
Jason lives in Seattle, Washington with his husband Shannon (the designer behind Shibaguyz Designz) and their three Shiba Inu who, more or less, support their ventures as long as enough time is taken for walks and treats. To see more of their work and to follow along on their adventures in fiber, photography, and Shibas, catch up with Shannon and Jason at Shibaguyz.com and ShibaguyzPhotography.com
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby, Jason Mullett-Bowlsby|
- Easy to understand and apply
Just bought this video this morning and after watching, I have a better understanding of the elements needed for better pictures. Although there is technical jargon, Jason and Shannon did a great job explaining in easy to understand terms that finally make sense to me! This video is the best complement to the DIY Photo Studio video. I'm ready to begin experimenting with taking better pictures of my crochet items, and eventually find models :-)
(Posted on 9/7/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.