Photo Editing for Knitters: how to use easy, free online software to improve your image
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Take your photography and photo editing skills to the next level with the help of Gale Zuckler in this on-demand webinar.
No matter how wonderful your image is out of the camera, it needs some adjustments and editing to truly sing. Photo editing/ processing makes a good picture great, and a great photo amazing.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make your knitwear photos as dynamic as those you admire, then this webinar download is for you!
There’s no need to learn PhotoShop to achieve the imagery you dream of. Gale will demonstrate and guide you through free, and inexpensive, user-friendly online software.
With this webinar, you'll learn:
- How to use photo editing tools/adjustments to improve your photographs.
- The best order in which to make photo editing adjustments.
- Ideas of how to create a signature look so your images are immediately recognizable.
- How to add text, graphics, and create photo collages of your photography.
You’ll learn how small and large adjustments in photo editing have a big impact in your photography. You’ll also learn how to remove small problems, and embellish assets in photographs.
Gale will cover the complete process in which to edit a photo, from deciding which photo from a shoot to work on, to straightening, cropping , adjusting overall exposure and then making smaller improvements such as reducing shadows, removing blemishes, fixing up colors, adding warmth and adding blurring to mimic depth of field controls.
Gale will also explain final touches that allow you to create a signature look to your photography, including adding text onto your imagery and the creation of easy collages or grids of images that display effectively online.
Who should attend this webinar?
- All levels of photographers are welcome. No photo editing experience needed!
- Knitters and other crafters photographing their work to share online.
- Anyone selling their fiber/handmade creations.
- Designers and knitters with online shops such as Etsy or website shops.
- Fiber artists who enter their work into juried shows.
- Designers who self-publish patterns.
About Gale Zucker:
Gale is a commercial & editorial photographer who who happens to be a knitter. She calls upon her two decades (+) of professional photography experience for companies and magazines to solve any problem-technical or visual-that comes up. She is the co-author/photographer of Craft Activism and Shear Spirit, and the photographer for knitting books including Wear With All, Mason-Dixon Knitting, and for yarn companies including Berocco, Green Mountain Spinnery and Zen Yarn Garden, as well as many indie designers. Gale teaches Photography for Knitters & Crafters workshops around the US, and has two on-demand webinars available from Interweave.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Great Photo Editing
- For me, this webinar was the best value for money that I've received in a long time. The information was exactly what I was hoping for. After watching it just once, I feel confidant that I will be able to better edit the photos I use in my knitting patterns. I would love a follow up webinar by Gale Zucker one day. (Posted on 9/3/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.