You will love this painting book if:
- You love to paint flowers
- You are interesting in how to developing your own art style
- You want to learn mixed-media and acrylic painting techniques
It’s your time to bloom. Pick up the paintbrush and cultivate creative joy while you learn to paint flowers with Carrie Schmitt. Painted Blossoms will show you easy painting techniques while you learn how to create beautiful organic masterpieces.
The good news is anyone can paint beautiful flowers. Each flower is unique and no one can paint them wrong. Approach these painting techniques like you are designing a garden. Go over art basics, design principles and how to prepare the mind, body and soul for the joyful art projects inside. With seven different stepped-out flower painting projects, you will learn how to embrace the creativity inside, how to get unstuck, how to carve your own stamps, how to cut your own stencils and more.
A sampling of what you’ll add to your creative toolshed with Painted Blossoms:
- Techniques for creating a wide variety of flower shapes
- The know-how to incorporate key design elements into your floral paintings
- How to absorb inspiration beyond the garden to include your favorite symbols, intentions and stories in your paintings
- Tips and advice from over a dozen established artists--each with a unique floral style
A Word from the Author
“We will embrace the wild, the natural, the free. Let go. Mimic the rose with its many layers. Imitate the wild wisteria vine with its playful unpredictability. And admire the determined ivy for its tenacity and ability to make breakthroughs despite obstacles.
Anaïs Nin said, ‘And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.’
Today is that day. Let us begin together.” --Carrie Schmitt
About the Author
Carrie is an experienced freelance writer and professional artist whose paintings celebrate the beauty, color and organic form of flowers. Her work is licensed with several companies, including teNeues Publishing, Hallmark, Image Conscious and Metcolors. Products from her designs are sold in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Switzerland.
Plant the Seeds
Grow and Bloom
Create Dramatic Beauty
Unleash Joyful Spontaneity
Honor Your Sacred Path
Welcome Creativity with Ease
Cultivate Intuitive Design
Explore Infinite Possibilities
A Blessing and an Invitation
The Flower Tribe
|Number Of Pages||128|
- Not what I thought....
This is not what I expected.
Demos and techniques were what I was looking for, not insight into other artists. Out of 128 pages only 22 were demos, two of which were making a stamp and stencil, way too basic and easy.
There are already too many books out there on what to do when you are stuck, and 100's of blogs. As a previous elementary art teacher, now a practicing artist, who works in almost every medium, from ceramics, to encaustics, fiber, printing, mixed media, jewelry and more, I was truly hoping this book would really give me a boost into painting. It did not. I am not sure, who this is for ?
I hate to write such a review, but with the internet artists, who want to publish a book, really need to reach
people with something new. I also bought Ruth Rae's new book, this was nothing but demo's... EXACTLY what I was looking for and not misleading.
I looked up Carrie's webpage, Facebook page , and everything I could find on the internet before hand, and I liked her paintings,
so thought I would take the chance. If you want to read about other artists and what they are thinking than this book is for you. Looking for paintings techniques and demonstrations, this is not really it. (Posted on 6/17/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.