One Skein 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet
Everyone has the time to spend on projects requiring only one skein . . . so don't miss out on the fun!
One Skein features more than 30 knitting and crochet projects that range in size, time commitment, and experience level, providing both beginning and experienced knitters a variety of projects from which to choose.
These felted bowls are ideal for organizing buttons, beads, yarn, keys, or other small objects that need a special place.
The stitch patterns and instructions are easy to follow and quick to use. Readers will enjoy creating a felted purse, a drawstring bag, crocheted accessory bags, cozy scarves, a pretty tank top, arm and leg warmers, cable footies, lace wristlets, fingerless gloves, pillows, bibs, felted bowls, a baby sweater, a soft and absorbent crocheted bath mat and accessories - and so much more, each from a single skein of yarn!
In One Skein, author Leigh Radford smartly includes several projects specially designed to make use of whatever you've got left over from other projects - one of the nicest designs we've ever seen is for a quick-to-make, colorful, and long-lasting rug.
Dig out your stash and dash to your yarn store you won't want to wait to begin these artful projects!
Reviews: "The cute designs are interesting, stylish and very portable.... your must-have knitting book for trying out that fabulous new yarn."-Anchorage Daily News
"Needlework heaven, indeed.... Those who seek instant gratification will love this book and want to take it everywhere."-Bangor Daily News
"I found this book to be both useful and practical."-Bella Online Guide to Spinning
"One Skein solves the "what do I do with it" dilemma by offering practical and handsome projects."-C N A magazine
"Designed for even the earliest beginner to the most seasoned knitter, there's something in ONE SKEIN for everyone."-CompulsiveReader.com
"Leigh Radford gives us reason to rejoice.... The book is beautiful.... The five crochet patterns are simple, clever, and timeless." -Crochet me magazine
"Whether you're a novice or an experienced crocheter, you'll want this book--if only to use up your inventory of yarn!"-Family Circle Easy Crochet
"These are definitely modern, hip projects--a young knitter's dream."-Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service
"Small in scale yet big on impact... great way to sample new techniques and fibers without wasting time and cash."-KnitSimple
"I really like the innovative ideas in this book."-Knitting News
"You will be inspired by what you could do with small amounts of yarn."-Knitty.com
"This approachable collection...should assist fiber junkies in whittling down their stash enough to run out and buy more yarn!"-Monsters and Critics.com
"Love at first site... Cover to cover, this book exemplifies what a romantic affair with yarn would be like."-Spun Magazine
"This entry is a must for every knitter who's ever stared at her stash, wondering what to do with her singles."-Yarn Market News
|Number Of Pages||128|
- I was very disappointed. It is Knit and Crochet but it is almost all Knit. (Posted on 3/19/2014)
- Decidedly average.
- I'm bicraftual, and hoped that a book that said "knit and crochet" would be roughly equal amounts of each. Sadly, the knitted patterns outweigh the crochet patterns by far. The patterns are ok, nothing amazing. Worth the few dollars I paid for it, NOT worth the incredible amount I paid for shipping. My fault for not looking into it more before I purchased. (Posted on 3/14/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.