Best of Handwoven: Top Ten Dish Towels on Four Shafts eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
The Joys of Towels
Dish towels are a joy to weave—and they are very quick! They require only washing and hemming, they make wonderful gifts, and they are the perfect item to enter in a guild sale. Even more good news—these towels, with their wide range of innovative patterning, can all be woven on a 4-shaft loom.
Practice Makes Perfect
Towels also lend well to experimentation with weave structures. Since they are quick to weave (and extremely useful to have around the house), warping for several and trying each in a different technique is a great way to learn and practice before moving to larger or more complicated pieces. The weaving projects in this eBook feature structures such as M’s and O’s, Swedish lace, huck lace, waffle weave, and more.
Plus, towels are a great project to experiment with color. Try out new color variations with your favorite weave structure, or try your favorite color combination on a new structure to see the effects! Color is just as important when designing handwoven pieces as the structure.
Weaving Projects to Delight
All ten of these towels come from Handwoven 2002 issues and later.
The ten towels featured are:
- Dish Towels and Dishcloths by Karen Tenney
- A Viking Draft for Towels by Gunnel Oresjo
- Towels in M’s and O’s by Kathleen Farling
- Playing with Huck for Towels by Lynn Tedder
- Dish Towels in Linen and Lace by Marjorie Erickson
- Huck Towels on Three Shafts by Erica de Ruiter
- Waffling with Huck for Towels by Lynn Tedder
- Swedish Lace for Towels by Vicki Tardy
- Three-Shaft Summer and Winter by Norma Smayda
- Playing with Stripes for Towels by Jean Korus
Plus, there’s an extra article that features special warping tips.
|Technique||4-Shaft Loom, Waffle|
- Great Variety
- As expected, this is a balanced variety of towel patterns for 4 shafts, with the quality of information expected from Interweave. As another reviewer noted, there is one pattern that requires five shafts, but it is for a washcloth that coordinates with the towel pattern, and as such, is a bonus. None of the ten towel patterns require more than four shafts. (Posted on 9/13/2015)
- Not 4 shafts
- Some patterns require 5 shafts...not as advertised. (Posted on 8/12/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.