Newcastle Cowl Kit
The Newcastle Cowl by Joni Coniglio features an eye-catching geometric slip-stitch pattern that knits up quickly thanks to the luxurious and bulky Brooklyn Tweed Quarry. This cowl is perfect for chilly autumn and winter days, and the Hematite colorway-consisting of an almost seamless integration of red and black-lets you pair this cowl with many different tops.
See what's inside the collection:
- Interweave Knits Winter 2017 Print Issue
- 2 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Quarry Yarn in Moonstone
- 2 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Quarry Yarn in Hematite
Interweave Knits Winter 2017
This very special issue of Interweave Knits Winter 2017 features a collection that we haven't seen for some time: menswear. In our "Whiskey & Wool" story we've showcased five rugged, sophisticated menswear sweaters, along with seven women's wear design equal to their male counterparts. Dark, moody, steeped in traditional technique, this collection upholds the very best of Knits while carrying us into the future with a broader appeal. In contrast, our "Winter Bride" story is ethereal, bright, timeless, and elegant. This story captures the sophisticated tone of the issue while being decidedly feminine. This all white story features cardigans, shawls, a magnificent veil, and show stopping lace bridal jacket.
Newcastle Cowl Knitting Pattern by Joni Coniglio
Pattern in Magazine
The Newcastle Cowl features an alluring graphic slip-stitch pattern and cozy warmth, making it perfect to wear through the long winter. This cowl works up quickly in Brooklyn Tweed's bulky and soft Quarry, and it's finished with a seamless grafting technique.
Finished Size: 68" circumference and 10½" wide.
Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed Quarry (100% American wool; 200 yd [183 m]/3½ oz [100 g]): moonstone (A) and hematite (B), 2 skeins each.
Needles: Size 10 (6 mm). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Size J/10 (6 mm) crochet hook; stitch holder; waste yarn for provisional CO; tapestry needle.
Gauge: 14 sts and 32 rows = 4" in charted patt.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits Winter 2017
Brooklyn Tweed Quarry Yarn in Moonstone and Hematite
Created from the wool of American Targhee-Columbia sheep, Brooklyn Tweed Quarry is a chunky but airy yarn perfect for bold accessories and garments that capture warmth and are quick to knit.
Fiber Content: 100% Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia wool
Skein Size: 100 gram ball - 200 yards
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.