New Stranded Colorwork
Breathe new life into your colorwork knitting
Take your colorwork up a notch! Mary Scott Huff puts a new spin on classic colorwork techniques in The New Stranded Colorwork:Techniques & Patterns for Vibrant Knitwear.
Go beyond the traditional Nordic snowflakes and reindeer motifs with colorful, contemporary designs for sweaters, pullovers, and cardigans for men, women, and children.
Inside you'll learn:
“This book is folk art, not masterwork, and it speaks of everyday things that have meaning to everyday people like you and me,” Mary says. “Don’t feel bound to any rule that doesn’t suit you or your knitting. Examine The New Stranded Colorwork and others for charts that are interchangeable or create your own using graph paper. Just count the number of stitches each repeat and work accordingly.”Enjoy this project preview, accompanied by Mary’s thoughts and inspiration for each piece.
|Kjersten: The inspiration for a project can sometimes come when you aren’t looking for it. An explosive flowerbed, a pile of children’s toys, or even as in this case, the singular hue on the walls of a dear friend’s music room.|
|Fleur de Zebra: A lot of opinions have been offered on the subject of why zebra are striped. Rather than venture my own guess, I will just celebrate their beauty. The graphic quality of black and white appeals to me as much as the zebra’s exotic cache. A shot of pink provide the surprise finishing touch.|
|Leafy Toque: Sometimes as knitters, we get caught up in overcomplicating things. We want to challenge ourselves; we want to get just the right fit, to explore new silhouettes, to push the envelope of our own expectations. That can be a lot to expect from ourselves, and our creations. Often the simplest shapes turn out to be the most pleasing. This hat is a good balance between structure and decoration.|
|Counting Crows: I’ll admit it. I’m a wee bit superstitious. Any time I see crows, I run through the rhyme in my head to see what sort of omen their number might portend. It’s not that I really believe they can predict the future, it’s more like buying lottery tickets or reading horoscopes, or any of the other little things we humans are still doing to explain or anticipate our fortunes.|
|Go for Baroque: Some of the high points of the Baroque period include the invention of the pressure cooker, the popularity of the fork, and the fall from fashion of corsets (at least until the Victorians rediscovered them.) No wonder, then, that Peter Paul Rubens’s subjects were so voluptuous. Why not celebrate that spirit and take this pretty tote to market?|
|Number Of Pages||144|
|Author/Designer||Mary Scott Huff|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.