New American Knits
New American Knits represents what knitters what to knit, and what they want to wear. Author Amy Christoffer's garments are casual but polished, equally appropriate whether running errands, at the office, or socializing with friends.
Amy takes her inspiration from the clean lines and elegant functionality of American sportswear, and creates projects that have a nostalgic feel even as they are perfectly suited for modern life today. In designing her fashionable modern uniform, Amy focuses on beautiful everyday sweaters and useful knitted accessories.
Amy applies her same clean aesthetic to the process of knitting her garments as well. Much of the knitting is simple stockinette and garter, with seamless and semi-seamless construction when possible. At the same time she adds sections of texture and lace and pops of colorwork to add visual and knitterly interest. Projects have detailed finishing including slipped stitch and I-cord faux seams, short row collars and hems, and other ways of making even the simplest garments look chic and elegant. Her goal is to create projects that are engaging to knit but not complicated, emphasizing the use of traditional motifs, techniques and skills to produce pieces that are satisfying in form and function. Amy's patterns are perfect for knitters who love both the knitting process and the finished product.
Smoothly plied yarns in muted tones lend themselves to tailored cardigans and tops while heathers, tweeds, and occasionally slubby textures give a rustic or ‘country house’ touch to outerwear and accessories. New American Knits is visually elegant with a streak of casual bohemian style, much like the projects themselves
|Number Of Pages||128|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10.25"|
- sounds great !!
- I am giving 'this description' 5 stars to counteract the previous 1 star rating, of this book due for release in the coming months. I wish I could see more, but at this phase, will be satisfied with the well described details of the coming designs ... how can it be bad with Amy Christophers at the helm? (Posted on 2/16/2014)
- Show all the patterns.
- How can I a review when you only show one sweater, why not show all of the patterns in this book? (Posted on 1/21/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.