My Rag Doll
11 Adorable Rag Dolls to Sew with Clothes & Accessories
Sew super cute rag dolls and their gorgeous clothes to make the perfect present for little girls. Each doll has its own name and personality and will charm children and adults alike.
Whether it's Fleur who likes to knit and has her own doll-sized knitting bag; Jean who likes the outdoors with her red boots and dungarees; or Red who has gorgeous red hair and a fabulous red cloak to match.
Highlights of this book include:
- The only rag doll sewing book to feature modern outfits as well as themed costumes including a ballerina, a bride and a schoolgirl.
- The same basic pattern can be adapted for the 11 different rag dolls.
- Each doll has it's own tiny accessories including hats, bags and even a tiara!
The basic doll pattern can be used to sew all the dolls and then altered according to hair and eye colour and hair style. There are step by step instructions for all the clothes and accessories for each doll, as well as suggestions for which fabrics to use and how to combine different prints and trims.
|Number Of Pages||96|
|File/Trim Size||8.2" x 0.5" x 11.2"|
- Great full sized patterns included
- I just ordered this book and when I got my confirmation there was a link to download the pattern templates (49 pages), which I did and added them to my doll file on my computer. When I looked at the templates it was clear that the patterns were full size so making these dolls and their clothes will be no problem. If I do need to enlarge them taking the sheets to my local office supply store will be easy. I look forward to getting the book with the instructions. These will make great dolls for the children's hospitals near me as well as the women's shelters in my area. Glad I added this to my sewing library. (Posted on 7/5/2014)
- Great book, multiple options
Dolls, dresses, accessories are absolutely cute!
No problem with patterns: scan them and you can enlarge them without any problem with your printer. Depending on enlargement you can even get various dollsizes: 140% (as suggested) = appr. 40 cm (16")doll; 200% = appr. 50 cm (20") doll. Works fine with clothes and accessories, too. (Posted on 5/31/2014)
- Very poor instructions - not for beginners
I had really high hopes for this book, the photos were beautiful and everything looked so simple...until you try to make the doll! I had hoped to make several dolls, but after making just one I'm going to have to leave the project until I'm in a better frame of mind!
The instructions are so disjointed only those with experience (and I've been sewing over 40 years and I can make pretty well everything!) can possibly work out how everything goes together. I'm certain the author didn't make the dolls pictured using the methods she proposes in her book...how can you possibly sew small stuffed arms and legs onto the body with a machine, the arms only just fit into the armhole left according to the pattern, there's no fabric left to pin!
Also the first set of clothing are impossible to construct using her method...why would anyone suggest sewing up leg seams on bloomers and THEN after that fold up the hem and make a channel for the elastic! The vest straps were far too long I had to cut off 1 1/2 inches after trying it on the doll. I would ask for my money back, but the postage cost more than the book which I won't get back.
Don't waste your money, the patterns all need enlarging and they aren't even labelled how much each piece needs to be enlarged until much to late in the instructions. Beware some pieces need enlarging 120%, 140% and one piece is 200%!
I'm going to go back to my tried and trusted books instead for my doll projects now...so my doll JAYNE will probably have a very limited wardrobe! (Posted on 5/23/2014)
- great book-patterns not full size?
Received book. Very cute doll and great instruction-does require some sewing knowledge.
But all patterns need enlarging- Cost prohibitive to enlarge.
Cust. serv. very pleasant to deal with. Will purchase more of Connie's works IF patterns are published full size. (Posted on 5/20/2014)
- Darn cute doll, but prefer full size patterns
- I'm going to agree fully with Jean, also in Maine. It is not at all convenient to get patterns enlarged. (Posted on 5/19/2014)
- Lovely dolls, wonderful clothes and accessories, no full-size patterns
The dolls and their clothing and accessories are wonderful. Great color photos, very engaging.
Am weary of pattern books without full-size pattern sheets, and probably would have not purchased the book had I known. I know including pattern sheets increases the price, but I am certain I am not alone in preferring to pay a little more to prevent expensive home printing and enlarging, or a trip to the printers, which is not convenient in rural Maine. (Posted on 5/16/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.