Sewing Beads on Fabric: a comprehensive guide to beaded fabric embellishing On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
About the Web Seminar
First attempts at fabric beading can be very frustrating without knowledge of proper supplies and beading techniques. Perhaps you have struggled with fraying thread, beads that will not lay flat, puckering fabric, or endless rethreading of the needle every time you remove a bead from the fabric? You can find solutions to these problems, become a confident beader, really enjoy your time beading, and produce professional looking results armed with the information provided in this web seminar
Nancy will share her 20+ years of beading experience and knowledge. She has spent countless hours asking “What if” questions of fabric and beads and now you can reap the benefits of her experimentations. No matter what weight of fabric or what fabric based project you want to bead, she has the answers and can guide you to beading success!
What You’ll Learn
- To prepare and stabilize sheers, wovens, knits, and quilts for beading
- Why having the right beads and beading supplies is crucial to success
- Nancy's top beading tips save you time and frustration
- Several easy to master beading stitches and view how to use them on diverse and inspiring applications
Nancy Eha, also known as The Beading Queen to her students, has taught thousands worldwide. She enjoys sharing her knowledge, passion, and pleasure for the subject of beading on fabric with others. Her articles and beading have been featured in scores of magazines and books, including several Quilting Arts issues. Nancy has written two fabric beading books which include beading basics, and also her new innovative beading techniques such as crazy beading and elevated beading.
She uses beads as primary focal points on fabric not to add “mere sparkle”. Some describe her work as “obsessively beaded”, and she agrees. Nancy continues to develop innovative beading techniques as she explores “bead physics” and create magical works of art.
Who Should Download?
- Needleworkers who want to add beading to their creations.
- Those who make wearables, and need to know special beading considerations for apparel.
- Makers of pillows, runners, and other home décor; who need beading questions answered.
- Quilters including art and crazy quilters, who want to add beading to their quilts.
- Beaders who make jewelry or needlewoven beadwork, and want to learn to bead on fabric.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Please make a video of this class
This is the first Interweave product I have ever returned for a refund. The web seminar format was a big disappointment for me. I thought it would be a video of the class, but it was a series of PDFs with a voice over. I might have been able to tolerate that, but the audio was very poor quality and made for a frustrating experience.
I am very interested in the topic and would love to have this class in a video (recorded in a studio) format. I hope Interweave can make it happen. (Posted on 9/6/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.