From Art Journaling to Art: Drawing, Watercolor, and More Techniques for the Mixed-Media Artist with Jane LaFazio (Video Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Now Available for Download!
Join mixed-media artist Jane LaFazio to discover her simple, stress-free way to keep an illustrated journal.
You'll learn how to draw what you see and how to paint with watercolor.
After discussing the basic supplies she uses, Jane shares strategies for successful drawing.
Next, she teaches how to mix colors and paint in a loose, intuitive style to visually record the details from your life and travels.
In the third chapter, Jane demonstrates simple, effective ways to complete your journal pages (such as journaling and using ink lines to frame your work), making each one a pleasing composition.
Finally, Jane explores numerous ways to incorporate your original artwork into mixed-media and sewing projects with transfers, stamping, free-motion stitching, and collage.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Unique Approach to Water Color
- Fantastic concept and well-demonstrated by Jane. I got it just before my wedding and used the technique to document our 3 week honeymoon throughout the southwest. I'm a potter, not a painter, and I really appreciate this approach to art journaling. I also shared it with my 90 year old mother-in-law who is an accomplished oil painter but can't get to the studio much any more - she loved it as well! Thank you so much! (Posted on 11/10/2011)
- From Art Journaling to Art: Drawing, Watercolor and More. . . with Jane LaFazio
- I would like you all to know that I thoroughly enjoyed this course. In my opinion it would have been a bargain at twice the price. Ms LaFazio made the subject of watercolour approachable and doable. The video was clear and easy to follow and I was excited to begin my journey with Ms LaFazio as my guide. Since viewing the video, I have become more comfortable in the medium and now consider watercolour as one of my favorite media. Brava to her for making a seemingly difficult technique very comfortable. I am extremely grateful. Best regards, Danielle Brault (Posted on 10/5/2011)
- After watching this video I drew and painted without stress. Jane gives you permission to make art and then shows you how. My work has grown by leaps and bounds. I agree that we need more videos from Jane. (Posted on 9/9/2011)
- Interesting session; not necessarily as advertised
- This is essentially a watercolour class, with advice on how to leverage your watercolours and do other things with your work. The "more techniques for the mixed-media artist" are limited. That said, it was a very informative and helpful workshop on drawing and watercolour, something I otherwise would have missed out on. (Posted on 8/10/2011)
- Best DVD of CPS
- This DVD is by far the best that I have purchased from CPS and a "must have" for every graphic journaler. Jane gives clear and encouraging instructions and tips that makes learning fun and easy. Please sign her up to make more watercoler DVD's for you, I can't get enough of this gal. Normajean Brevik (Posted on 8/10/2011)
- Even A Newbie Can Do It!
- Jane LaFazio is an awesome instructor! After watching the video I've been inspired to sketch daily. I feel like an artist now. (Posted on 7/29/2011)
- From Art Journaling to Art: Drawing, Watercolor, and More Techniques for the Mixed-Media Artist with Jane LaFazio
- Just the jumpstart that I needed! I'm fascinated with arts and crafting. Colors and textures are an obsession. I also have a passion for the written word, but have never been able to cut loose and blend my favorite pastimes into one delicious muse. Jane's instructions are clear and interesting. I learned so much and can't wait to get started. It all clicked for me. I see how I can easily apply these techniques and fit them into my busy life. So exciting! Thanks Jane! (Posted on 5/16/2011)
- So inspiring! And so do-able!
- All my life I have loved "doing", so I've been sewing all my life, I knit, crochet, stamp, bead, and make metal jewelry. I have always been afraid of drawing and watercolor, and much as I've always wanted to do both, I stayed away. This video inspired me to the point of pulling out the materials I already had and drawing/painting my tomato pin cushion. It was easy, it was fun, and it was okay to be unstructured. So I am rarin' to go and I will watch this video over and over again to stay inspired! (Posted on 5/11/2011)
- From Art Journaling to Art....
- I LOVE this download. I went off on a trip and watched it here and there on my laptop, then had a blast trying out her ideas. Especially liked how Jane clarified the different uses for water-soluble and permanent ink. Loved transferring drawings with tissue paper and permanent ink. Also enjoyed sketching with the waterbrush and watersoluble pen. I like her manner, relaxed and friendly, YET inspiring and informative. (Posted on 5/9/2011)
- From Art Journaling to Art: Drawing, Watercolor, and More Techniques for the Mixed-Media Artist with Jane LaFazio (Download) (EP2817)
- As someone returning to drawing and painting this is great - just what I was looking for! There are plenty of formal instruction books out there, but Jane's approach is anything but rigid and stagnant! She shows how a quick sketch can be swiftly and simply completed, keeping true to the essence of the sketched item, and then how it can be incorporated into a finished fine art piece, used in a journal, or incorporated into other collaged or painted items, and how they can be adapted to printing on fabric. My only regret? I didn't buy this sooner! (Posted on 4/29/2011)
- Loved this
- I loved this workshop. I've been an artist all my life, and while this is a great instructional for students: even those that have never picked up a pencil yet.... I learned a lot; including some techniques but perhaps most important to just go out there and start. She shows that drawing and painting can be simple and not mysterious and still look great and be gratifying. Artists of all levels need to know and remember this. She gives great advice, technique and encouragement. (Posted on 4/12/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.