Exploring Unique Textile Design: Creating Seamless Repeat Patterns in Photoshop Elements
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
THIS RECORDED WEBINAR IS FOR
- Artists who would like to know how to create seamless repeat patterns to design their own fabrics and papers
- Artists who enjoyed Margaret’s first webinar, “Enhance Your Quilting With Digital Surface Design Techniques: Creating Brushes in Photoshop® Elements” and want to learn more creative ways to use those brushes to build designs
- Artists who are interested in maximizing the potential of their artwork
- Artists who are looking to enhance their current digital design skills using Photoshop® Elements
- Artists who want to know more about using layers in their digital design
- Artists who want to take their art from paper to fabric
- Artists with no digital design experience interested in learning how they can use it in their current creative process
Pattern and color surround us in our everyday lives and supply us with a constant source of inspiration. Whether you purchase a roll of wrapping paper or a new dress, color and pattern have been intentionally laid out in repeat to apply to many consumer products. Recently, the popularity of digital printing has increased with companies such as Spoonflower.com offering affordable personal printing services. What does this mean to you as an artist? More opportunities for you to create your own unique artwork on paper, fabric and more!
By now your head is probably spinning with ideas for your own fabric designs, but you are not really sure how to get started. Whether you are going to sell it as a product or use it to construct art quilts, wearable art or decorate your home with, you want your art to look as professional as possible, right? Start here by learning how to create easy seamless repeat patterns in Photoshop® Elements 10!
Photoshop® Elements 10 is the perfect program to create easy seamless repeat pattern layouts using your own artwork for textile design and digital printing. In this webinar, Margaret shows you how to lay out a seamless repeat pattern using images previously saved as brushes and demonstrates how to transform them into layered colorful designs.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Create a simple repeat pattern using layers
- Create a seamless repeat pattern with a more professional look
- Use the grid tool to help you place design elements
- Use the align and distribute tools to create symmetrical placement of design elements
- Use the color picker tool to select desired colors for your design elements
- Test pattern designs and troubleshoot imperfections
- Save your designs for digital printing and web publishing
Margaret Applin is a mixed-media artist from Massachusetts who is passionate about color, shape and design. Margaret enjoys exploring various studio techniques for creating surface design such as stamp and stencil making, drawing, mono-printing, screen-printing, and straight digital design to develop the building blocks that define her artwork. Her love of digital design inspires Margaret to use her artwork to create simple and complex pattern designs with a fresh, textured and playfully-elegant look and feel. Margaret has published numerous articles on art-quilting, mixed-media and digital design with Interweave/FW Media. A full listing of articles is available on Margaret’s website at margaretapplinartdesign.com/bio. Visit Interweavestore.com to purchase Margaret’s live webinar, “Enhance Your Quilting With Digital Surface Design Techniques: Creating Brushes in Photoshop Elements,” and instructional DVD’s, “Digital Design for Screen Printing: Creating Mini Canvas Screens for Surface Design” and “Paint, Print, Layer, Collage: Creating With Personal Imagery.”
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Excellent, professionally presented and visually informative
- Margaret is an excellent natural teacher. This webinar video is full of practical detail presented in Margaret's usual professional manner. The handout notes that came with the video copy of the webinar are an excellent addition to the video package and worth their weight in gold as far as I am concerned. It's great to be able to see and follow what Margaret was doing step by step in video format,( not just a slide show presentation like other webinars I have attended). I would not hesitate to recommend this and any of Margaret's other videos to my friends. (Posted on 2/26/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.