Montgolfier Hat Kit
Price as configured: $19.99 Regular Price: $24.99
This cabled hat is inspired by the colorful and intricate designs of traditional Montgolfier hot-air balloons, which launched a wave of balloon-themed fashion in France in the late 1700s. It only takes one skein of stunningly soft and vibrantly hand-dyed Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted to create this hat. Whether you enjoy gorgeous cables, knitting with luxurious yarn, or the history of manned flight, this kit will inspire and delight you.
See what's inside the collection:
- Interweave Knits Holiday 2016 Print Issue
- 1 skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Yarn in Patina
Interweave Knits Holiday 2016
Interweave Knits Holiday 2016 brings it back home with traditional knits. This packed issue features 23 knits celebrating the holidays as well as heritage items for the home and for the hope chest. "Folk Lace" features three stunning shawls celebrating our ancient craft with traditional, cobweb weight yarn and intricate lace work. "Heritage at Home" is packed with holiday items like Christmas stockings, mittens, blankets, and a festive snowman family. "Little One" features colorwork garments and accessories for children. "Cabled and Knotted" runs the gamut of cabled accessories, from menswear to an entwined cabled caplet. A special section inspired by the author Jan Brett's children's book series features two original patterns brought to life from the illustrations. Learn how to make pom-poms with any household item with Knitscene's editor, Hannah Baker. And finally, let the Greater Boston Knitting Guild bring you inside their annual holiday meeting to discover their charitable works and cookie recipes.
Montgolfier Hat Knitting Pattern by Irina Anikeeva
Pattern in Magazine
The Montgolfier Hat was inspired by Montgolfier hot-air balloons; the charted cables mimic the colorful designs of the traditional hot-air balloons. Worked from the bottom up in the round with a tonal hand-dyed yarn, this adventurous hat makes a colorful statement.
Finished Size: 18" circumference at brim and 8¾" tall.
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage (100% superwash merino wool; 200 yd [182 m]); nutmeg, 1 skein.
Needles: Size 6 (4 mm): 16" circular (cir). Size 8 (5 mm): 16" cir and set of double-pointed (dpn). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Marker (m); cable needle (cn); tapestry needle.
Gauge: 26½ sts and 28 rnds = 4" in charted patt on larger needle.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits Holiday 2016
Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted Yarn in Patina
Get your hands on a skein of this warm and cozy yarn from Lorna's Laces. This yarn is mixes warmth with a lightweight texture to make the perfect cold-weather projects. With anything made in ultra-comfortable Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, your only reminder that you have it on comes when you look in the mirror.
Fiber Content: 100% superwash merino wool
Skein Size: 57 gram skein - 200 yards
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.