Modern Expressions eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll Love This Jewelry Making eBook If:
- You want to learn how to create jewelry pieces in a variety of styles
- You love to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets & more
- You want to discover new techniques for working with crystals, gemstones, chain, beads & yarn when making jewelry
In Modern Expressions Fernando Dasilva shares his favorite tips and tricks for making funky, fashionable and truly fabulous jewelry pieces. Mix up your wardrobe or make a gift that is truly unique with these great projects. These jewelry designs are modern, high fashion and fabulous. Styles include vibrant colors, 80s deco & haute couture. They are also easy to recreate along with the clear & helpful instructions of Fernando Dasilva.
These pieces feature sponge beads, puzzle beads, crystal yarn, as well as heavy chain, gemstones, and crystals. In addition to 25 designer projects you’ll also get 15 fashion sketches showing you how to totally rock your new jewelry pieces. Start experimenting and soon you’ll have a new collection of glamorous, personal necklaces, bracelets, earrings & more.
In the Modern Expressions eBook You’ll Learn:
- How to master 25 designer jewelry making projects
- Tips & techniques for creating fashion-forward, modern jewelry
- How to rock your new jewelry pieces with easy-wear tips & 15 fashion sketches
A Word From the Author:
" In the following pages, you will find an assortment of styles, colors and materials, as well as lots of information that will help you keep your identity in harmony with all the fun and unique looks that fill our world. This is your chance to have fun by making fashionable accessories and gather hints through fashion illustrations so you can get the most out of your new accessories. The "À La Mode" sketches are suggestions for how to wear the pieces, taking into consideration color, style and, in the case of the necklaces, the neckline. However, you may choose to wear your creations in new and different ways, and that’s great too!" — Fernando Dasilva
Check Out This Excerpt From Modern Expressions:
In my mind, jewelry and clothing are the only true artistic expressions for transforming ideas into body adornments. Rocks, paper, plastic, crystals, gemstones, feathers, glass, natural fibers, seeds, shells, terracotta, leather, leaves, metal, wood—all of these elements can be transformed into visual artistic expressions. There are several must-haves to achieve your desired look, some of which are listed here.
Technically, findings refer to the fasteners and components used to assemble a piece of jewelry. They can be clasps, rings, eye and head pins, hooks, spacers, crimps, Bead Bumpers, ear wires, bails, connectors, caps, cones and cord ends, just to mention a few.
There are a wide range of stringing materials, from stainless steel wire and silk to rubber tubing and leather. This list can go on and on. I use stainless steel stringing wire for many of the projects in this book.
Beading wire is made from stranded threads of miniature stainless steel wire, making it as strong as steel but as soft as thread. The number of miniature wires determines its flexibility. You must choose the diameter that best fits the bead hole size, unless a specific wire is called for in the instructions.
Silk thread or cord is traditionally used to string pearls and other gemstones with a knot between each bead. It comes in a wide variety of colors and sizes, and you must pick the one that works best with the bead hole size. I normally use silk that is carded and comes with a needle already attached to it.
Velour and rubber tubing are sometimes hollow and can be used by themselves or sectioned and used as spacers between other components. They can also be combined with other stringing materials.
Any series of links connected together can be called chain. Chain is my favorite material to use when creating fashionable and trendy jewelry. It gives you a chance to be subtle or extravagant, romantic or tribal. Chain is one of the most versatile components in the jewelry-making world. In this book, I used chain made of wood, acrylic, base metal, precious metal and polyester. I also fashioned chain from jump rings and connectors.
Incredible for their functionality and form, beads can be made of papier mâché, gemstones, acrylic, crystal, pearl, sponge, glass, ceramic and metal. Versatile and sometimes unexpected, beads can evoke glamour, romanticism, faith or nostalgia. As for gemstones, every season brings new stones into the jewelry market. With these additions comes a whole new spectrum of colors and shapes that excites designers all over the world and inspires them to create fresh pieces. Beads are an endless source of creativity, and I find it hard to imagine the existence of this book without them.
|File/Trim Size||11 MB|
|Technique||Wire Working, Stringing|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.