Fearless Watercolor for Beginners eBook: Adventurous Painting Techniques to Get You Started
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You will love this watercolor book if:
- You are new to watercolor and are looking for easy lessons to master the medium
- You want to learn how to paint a variety of subject matter
- You want to overcome the fear of creating watercolor paintings
Your fearless adventure in watercolor starts now! Explore adventurous painting techniques to get you started and on your way to creating more artful watercolor paintings in every subject matter.
Fearless Watercolor for Beginners is broken down into three parts, the first teaching you about the materials, how to prep, and plan your painting. Next you will learn how to work with the characteristics of watercolor. Learn how to gain some control over the paint, be able to predict how the pigments will behave, master different techniques, and learn how to fix mistakes. The last part of the book will teach you how to be your own critic and assess your work.
The watercolor lessons in this book cover techniques for painting both traditionally and non-traditionally. Explore this versatile medium on Yupo® paper, canvas, paper prepared with medium or gesso, paper mounted on a board and more. Learn exciting techniques for adding mixed-media to your watercolor art and even some zen doodle techniques.
In Fearless Watercolor for Beginners you will find:
- 22 step-by-step demonstrations for basic techniques, techniques for adding texture, and mixed-media techniques for truly one-of-a-kind work
- Dozens of easy-to-understand concepts, practical, meaningful tips and fun ideas you’ll be eager to try
- Links to exclusive demo videos, exercises and tools to round out and enhance your workshop experience
A Word from the Author
“For some techniques there are a variety of ways to achieve the desired result. I don’t believe there is just one way or one technique that will work for everyone. I would like you to choose what you think will work for your particular style or taste, and leave behind what won’t work for you.” -Sandrine Pelissier
About the Author
Sandrine Pelissier has been living in North Vancouver, Canada, for the last fifteen years. She teaches workshops in her North Vancouver studio and via several Vancouver-area arts associations.
Sandrine is an adventurous artist who enjoys experimenting with various media and techniques. She is inspired by exciting patterns in both nature and cityscapes and has a fascination for people and faces. Although her art could be described as somewhat realistic, it often offers a bit of abstraction or a part left to chance or fantasy.
Chapter One: Before You Start
Chapter Two: What You Will Need
Chapter Three: Basic Techniques
Chapter Four: Techniques for Adding Texture
Chapter Five: Incorporating Mixed Media
Chapter Six: A Few Last Thoughts
|Number Of Pages||144|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.