Fun with Watercolor: Printing Effects Video Download
Explore the endless possibilities of combining monoprinting and watercolor when you download Gina Lee Kim's video workshop, Fun with Watercolor: Printing Effects. Learn how to create unique prints and experiment with various printmaking techniques that bring together watercolor paints and monoprinting plates.
Download your video workshop instantly!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Yes, You Can Monoprint with Watercolor!
Who says monoprinting and watercolor don't play nicely together? In Gina Lee Kim's video download workshop Fun with Watercolor: Printing Effects, Gina teaches you, and student Amy Jones, how to create unique prints using tube watercolor paints and a variety of monoprinting plates. You'll be amazed and hooked on the effects you can create!
- Create black and white prints to color.
- Learn to make get crisp stenciled and stamped images using watercolor!
- Die-cutting machines can be used as printing presses.
- Use a traditional monoprint plate with tube watercolors.
- Create dozens of vibrant ghost prints.
- Make your own pearlescent collage paper!
- Much more!
Watch a preview of this video download here!
About the Artist
Gina Lee Kim is a watercolor enthusiast, mixed-media artist and art journaler. Originally from California, Gina majored in biology and then became a registered nurse after moving to Massachusetts. No matter what stage of her life, Gina was actively painting and teaching workshops. Gina has been published in various art magazines including Cloth Paper Scissors, Cloth Paper Scissors STUDIOS, Cloth Paper Scissors PAGES, Somerset Studios and more. Gina currently resides north of Chicago with her husband Jim, and son Stephen. Gina's favorite color is cobalt violet and she tries not to accidentally dip her paintbrush into her coffee. Visit Gina at her website, GinaLeeKim.com and see inside her art journal on Instagram at instagram.com/ginaleekim.
- Block printing paper
- Cold-press 140-lb. watercolor paper
- Masa paper
- Mulberry paper
- White sulphite drawing paper or mixed media paper
- Acrylic gold paint in dropper bottle
- Black tube watercolor paint
- Brush pen with black ink (optional)
- Liquid watercolors
- Pigma Micron black pen
- Solid Markers by Sakura
- Speedball block printing medium
- Tube watercolors in a basic range of warm and cool yellows, reds and blues, orange, violet, light and dark green
- Tulip dimensional fabric paint
- White water-based paint pens (Sharpie)
- White glue (Elmer's or acid-free PVA)
- White gouache
- Winsor Newton gum Arabic
Other Tools and Supplies
- 2 water containers
- 8" x 10" clear acrylic panel
- Blotting paper or tea towels
- Craft brushes- ½" flat, #8 and #12 round
- Die-cutting machine (Gina uses Sizzix BigKick)
- Dish soap in squeeze bottle
- Duralar transparency film (.003 or .005)
- Empty squeeze bottles with caps
- Foam brush
- Foam stamps
- Gluestick or dot roller adhesive
- Grafix inking palette
- Grafix monoprinting plate
- Heat gun or hair dryer
- Inking brayer
- Iridescent gift wrap confetti
- Mica powders
- Paint rags
- Palette knife
- Paper towels
- Pencil and gum eraser
- Ranger ink blending tool
- Scrubber brush
- Sewing Machine (optional)
- Spray bottle
- Tray with warm water
- Watercolor brushes- round sizes #5, #8, #13, #20
- Watercolor palette with cover
- Wax paper
Download your Fun with Watercolor: Printing Effects video workshop today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Gina Lee Kim|
- Sizzix machine needed
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.