Customized Sketchbooks: How to Personalize Pocket Sketchbooks Using Surface Design and Hand Stitching for On-The-Go Inspiration Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
ABOUT THE RECORDED WEB SEMINAR:
The humble sketchbook is an artist’s constant companion. They come in all shapes and sizes but by far the most convenient is the pocket sketchbook. Tucked in purses, bags and shirt pockets, it’s always at the ready to record inspiration or help work out a design idea. But off the shelf sketchbooks lack a personal touch, a blandness that isn’t always enticing when your creative spirit is looking for a place to land.
Customizing store bought sketchbooks is a snap with a little paint, thread, fabric and easy surface design. Lynn will share with you the process on how to create a fabric wrap closure that reflects your personality. She will also bring her love of hand stitching into the project and show you just how easy it is to create hand stitched pattern on sketchbooks with chip board covers. Doodling and easy paint techniques can also be added to the covers to further make it your own.
This project is the perfect way to dip your toes into surface design and hand stitching. Not only is it a spark of inspiration any time you reach for your sketchbook, it is an easy gift to make to share with artist friends. Time to give your sketchbook a face lift!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Learn easy monoprinting technique with a Gelli Arts plate, paint and torn paper masks to create background prints on fabric.
- Create a fun fabric wrap closure construction that can be customized to any size book, not just pocket sketchbooks!
- Learn tips on how hand stitching can add texture to your fabric projects.
- Explore simple paint techniques and doodling advice for adding a pop of color and interest to the cover of your sketchbook.
- Learn how to hand stitch through the chipboard cover for a truly unique sketchbook presentation.
- Walk through how to design your sketchbook based on personal color choices, placement of fabric wrap closure and other cover decorations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Artists who have been hesitant about using surface design in their work. This project will introduce you to monoprinitng in a simple, low pressure way.
- Artists interested in learning how to build layers of paint and stitching to create fabric projects with depth.
- Anyone interested in learning the basics of designing a small custom project.
- Stitchers interested in using basic stitches to create graphic design element punches in their work.
- Sketchbook enthusiasts looking to add unique books to their collection
- Mixed media artists interested in combining fabric with other materials.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Lynn is a surface design artist and writer. She writes frequently for Quilting Arts Magazine and has just published her first book on printing customized fabric for your artwork, Intentional Printing. She also has two DVD workshops with Interweave – Print, Design, Compose and Color Theory Made Easy. She believes that not only is surface design fun, it’s empowering – giving you the tools to let your artist voice come through in your work loud and proud. She lives in Southeast Michigan with her dog (aka thread stealer), Carter.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Don't Bother.
- Not very inspiring
(Posted on 2/21/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.