Art Lessons 2014, Volume 1: Inktense Intensive with Jane Davenport
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
|Product Type||Art Lesson|
- I was disappointing because I felt I could get this information in any blog without paying for it. I thought I was going to get a lesson on how to use inktense watercolors. Instead it just talked about using it on a re-purposed book. It did give a little info on using mat medium and gesso. It was also very short just 14 pages. Would not have bought it if I knew that (Posted on 12/10/2014)
- Es mas de lo esperado.Me gusta mezclar diferntes tecnicas en mis proyectos.Gracias (Posted on 11/21/2014)
- An overview of techniques
An overview of techniques on how to use Derwent's Inktense pencils and blocks. Inktense aren't just watercolor pencils--they actually are solid inks. Which means, you draw with them, then activate the colors with water and once that water dries--the ink is no longer water soluble. Which means you can layer other water based media on top of it. Which is really, really cool.
Now I already had bought the pencils and blocks myself and played with them, but some of Jane's ideas I hadn't thought of yet. So, I'll be able to get more effects out of this really fun and unique art supply than I would have before watching this little video. (Posted on 9/29/2014)
- I have had the inktense pencils for almost a year, and while I liked them, I was never really using them much because they just seemed like expensive watercolor pencils to me. With Jane's lesson tho, I have definitely started using them more! Jane's teaching style makes you feel comfortable with your art supplies, and watching her create in her fun and playful style gets you motivated to start right away! I love her art lessons and can't recommend them enough. They are a wonderful inspiration and I keep coming back to them to re-watch them when ever I'm feeling stuck. (Posted on 9/11/2014)
- I had to buy Inktense after seeing what Jane did with them!
- I have used my I-pad for all of Jane's lessons, no problems! After seeing the video and reading and viewing the picture intense booklet, I immediately ordered some Inktense sticks. Wow! Jane's work is inspiring. I recommend buying all her Art Lessons in this series. The price can't be beat. (Posted on 8/13/2014)
- Sometimes I buy art supplies because I am intrigued by them. Then, I realize I really don't know much about how to use them. Jane has solved that problem. (Posted on 8/12/2014)
- iPad issue
- Just left a review then I noticed someone said they couldn't do these lessons on their iPad. I do all of jane's classes on my iPad. No problems at all. (Posted on 8/12/2014)
- Love it
- Jane always knocks it out of the park as far as I am concerned. I am amazed every time at what she comes up with.... and how she pushes the supply and uses it in different ways. She always inspires me to push myself and my art. (Posted on 8/12/2014)
- I love Inks
- I love this book, it is so informative and like all Janes books, easy instructions and fun fun fun! (Posted on 8/12/2014)
- fair for price
- I thought there would be a little more content than there was but for the money it was fair. Nothing spectacular that can"t be found on the Inktense site. (Posted on 3/23/2014)
- Misleading and disappointing
- I wasn't interested in altering a book or using mixed media. I really wanted a lesson on how to create fine art using Inktense alone. I was very disappointed in this "lesson". (Posted on 2/17/2014)
- For the price, it wasn't bad. I didn't expect the lesson to be yet another art journaling lesson; I really wanted to see more hands on with the Inktense Blocks. As with so many products, it is just experiment and learn on your own. (Posted on 2/16/2014)
- Always fun, but I wish it worked on the iPad
- Jane's lessons are always fun and full of enthusiasm, but I wish these lessons were formatted to work on the iPad. I like to keep these all in the iBooks program, but for some reason CPS pdfs don't work. They don't synchronize between my computer and my iPad, and the videos don't work on the iPad either. So then I have to go to my computer instead of having this available in my studio. Other than that, the class is fun and inspiring. (Posted on 2/8/2014)
- After all these wonderful reviews what I can say? I can say that if an artist like Jane could be in Italy I could be very happy! Anyway, thank to Art lessons, even in Italy I can see what she's able to make!! Really amazing! Fantastica!! (Posted on 2/5/2014)
- Hardly worth the money
- When you buy a PDF of 1 pages you expect a booklet. However, the contents of this PDF would just fill a short magazine article, I read the text in a few minutes. Jane only uses the blocks, not the pencils. On the You Tube movie you see her playing with the blocks, without much explanation. And the background 'music' is irritating. When you want info about Inktense, have a look at the You Tube movies from Derwent, the maker of this product (Posted on 2/4/2014)
- Jane Davenport art lessons
- Jane is a fun teacher and I have another art lesson of hers which I also found fun and informative. She makes art come alive even in print - in video she is just outstanding! I enjoyed this lesson and would probably get other of her supply lessons. (Posted on 2/3/2014)
- Fun and informative
- It was fun learning the basics of using this new art supply. Really like both the instruction and the ink blocks, especially at such a reasonable price for the instruction. The ink blocks are rather expensive but having this instruction let me know that they would be worth the cost. (Posted on 2/1/2014)
- Worth it!
- I am so thankful that I purchased this! The video with the PDF is short, but it is very *to the point* and a great tool to see how she applies her techniques. I have had intense pencils for quite some time now & have only really used them with water. I am excited about them all over again! Best $2.99 I have ever spent. (Posted on 1/22/2014)
- another fantastic lesson from Jane
I just finished this wonderful lesson.
Jane again enthusiastically shares her wealth of knowledge in her easy accessible style.
Although it is a short lesson, Jane explains the use of the media so well and shows us how to magically transform the page.
I couldn't stop thinking about all the ways I can use this lesson in so many areas of my artwork.
Sometimes it just takes a gentle nudge from a great teacher to inspire you and awaken those creative juices.
So for those who are wanting to learn a new technique or need a little creative nudge.... this is the lesson for you.
A+++++ (Posted on 1/21/2014)
- I love watching Jane "Play"!
- This little PDF download + video is a gem! Jane Davenport is starting a year-long altered book project (if I understood the preview video correctly) and this first installment features her playing with inktense in the book to create a lovely spread. The PDF download has several pages and alone it it worth the price. However there is an embedded video on the second page that features Jane using inktense blocks and pencils in many different ways: sketching her signature "girl in the wind", activating with gesso and water, and a few other tips and techniques for using water-activated media. I can't wait for the next installment of Jane's altered book project, I hope to get every one of the 2014 Art Lessons and follow Jane on her delicious journey! P.S. don't forget to watch the "preview" video (for free), Jane gives you glimpses of the book she'll be working on. (Posted on 1/15/2014)
Items 1 to 20 of 21 total
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.